Digital Tribe and Ekuator Games announce the #launch of Celestian Tales: Old North, the turn-based RPG game created in #traditional #JRPG style, coming out on Steam, GOG.com and the Humble Store Monday, August 10th.
The first of the Celestian Tales series, Old North is full of lush hand-painted environments, emotive portraits, memorable characters and a sprawling engaging moralistic storyline that is told through the eyes of six protagonists over many engrossing hours of gameplay. The actions you perform and the decisions you make in Celestian Tales: Old North will carry over to the next instalment of the series.
Celestian Tales: Old North is a complex tale of human interactions where deception, intrigue, and betrayal stand side-by-side with loyalty, friendship, and personal growth. This is no clichéd story about a chosen one destined to save the world. Instead, Celestian Tales tells the stories of a diverse group of young knights-in-training who must learn who they are and where they stand as they are faced with the age old question of what it is to be a moral and righteous human being. Will you choose to do anything in order to survive? Or will you be steadfast in defending your faith and beliefs?
Featuring a turn-based combat system with plenty of opportunity for character and party customization, Celestian Tales: Old North allows you to play the game at your own pace in your own style. Enter the first decade of this epic series and see for yourself what sets it apart.
- Moral Confrontations – Situations are presented to the player throughout the game that force players to face moral questions and beliefs.
- Unique Story – By avoiding genre cliches, the story brings a fresh approach to RPG storytelling by allowing players feel the weight of their character’s actions.
- Multiple Story Arcs – 6 Selectable Characters allow you to play the game from 6 different perspectives. Play through the game as all 6 characters for a full experience.
- Traditional RPG Gameplay – Inspired by classic JRPGs with a turn-based RPG battle system, players can develop a personal combat style.
- Beautiful Art – Lush hand-painted background visuals and environments with detailed emotive character portraits and animated pixel-art characters create a full and complete world experience.
- Epic Music – A sweeping score captures the pace and emotion of the story as it unfolds.
Celestian Tales: Old North will launches today on Steam, Humble Store and GOG.com for Windows PC and Mac.