Back in the mists of time Julian Gollop, better known as the wizard behind the original #XCom, designed a Spectrum strategy title: #ChaosTheBattleofWizards. Now the time has come to revisit those days of yore, and Gollop intends to take his new Chaos Reborn to Kickstarter. The idea is to get this done and out in the market within a year, on PC, Mac and #Linux. Right now, it’s just in the Prefundia stage.
Chaos Reborn will be a turn based strategy with RPG elements, and will feature single as well as multiplayer options. You take your wizard into the arena, blasting down the foe with mighty spells and summoned creatures, collecting sweet loot along the way. The truly successful become Wizard Lords, but that’s just one step along the path which might see you become a God of Chaos.
A brief summary of the game’s features:
- 64 unique spells, including 24 creatures – from dragons to goblins – fully animated in the 3D Unity Engine.
- Classic spells from the original Chaos – including the Gooey Blob and Magic Wood.
- Summon creatures as illusions for 100% success, and use Disbelieve spell on suspected enemy illusions.
- Manipulate the balance of the universe between Law and Chaos to your advantage.
- Procedurally generated 3D battle arenas with various types of terrain, and different levels of elevation.
- Configure your spells and equipment for your wizard character before entering battle.
- Collect gold on your quests to spend on equipment, rare artefacts and spell books.
- Hundreds of different types of equipment to collect in your adventures – including staffs, body gear, headgear, magical artefacts and spell books.
- Procedurally generated Realms of Chaos for your adventures, guaranteeing a unique experience on every quest.
- Multiplayer online matches – asynchronous or live – with online rankings, tournaments and prizes.
- Extensive co-op options, for multiplayer matches and also while adventuring in the Realms of Chaos – invite a friend to help you with a difficult battle and share the rewards.
- Guild system with guild rankings and guild tournaments.
- Trade items and equipments with your friends or guild members.
- Level up your wizard and gain status, aiming to ascend the ranks becoming a Wizard Lord, a Wizard King, a Demi-god, and maybe even a God of Chaos, bestowing favours and blessings on your followers.
- Classic Chaos mode – fully random battle set-up with random selection of spells.
Gollop’s been working on this one for a while, and has a functional multiplayer online prototype. It’s just placeholder graphics for now; the real stuff will be put together after Gollop gets some cash in his pocket. Here’s hoping this one gets all the Kickstarter love it deserves!
Reblogged from: escapistmagazine.com