Chester’s Revenge 2D retro shooter game hits Kickstarter for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. Which is the work and effort of developer Wojo Studios. The Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign is now live and doing well.
In Chester’s Revenge you play as Chester, a smart-mouthed guinea pig with an attitude. One who is also hell-bent on a quest for revenge against the murderous thief: Rad Ralph. Chester must battle his way through Rad Ralph’s lieutenants. Doing so in an over the top style revenge romp to reclaim the Carrot and stop Rad Ralph from world domination.
When Chester’s Revenge released the Kickstarter campaign, Linux was listed. While reaching out to developer Wojo Studios, there is a correction. Stating that “porting to Linux has always been in the cards.” So both Linux and Mac support is “definitely happening along with the console ports.”
Wojo Studios admits they left out Linux and Mac support on the Kickstarter page. But that detail now has a correction. Plus the campaign is also ready to hit that $10,000 USD funding goal by September 15th 2022. Which is already 27% funded with 28 days remaining.
Chester’s Revenge Kickstarter Trailer
Battle through eight Chester’s Revenge classic platformer levels. Doing so as you fight your way through Rad Ralph’s powerful lieutenants. Classic Mega Man-style platforming and eight epic incredibly challenging boss encounters. Take them down one by one and crush them. Reclaim the Sacred Carrot and avenge your herd.
- Chester’s Revenge is a 2D retro shooter with a strong design emphasis on precision platforming, intense combat, and epic boss fights.
- Heavily Inspired by ’80s pop culture and 2d classics such as Cuphead, Metal Slug, and Mega Man.
- Claim your revenge and crush eight planned epic bosses across eight planned kickass platformer levels.
- The Chester’s Revenge creation is using traditional 2d pixel art. Due to creating a look and feel that comes right out of the SNES era.
- Rock out to an epic 8-bit Chiptune Traditional Soundtrack that will melt your face off and take you right back to the ’80s.
- Every boss character is fully voiced and has its own unique character and backstory.
There is also a Demo live on Steam, which does run on Proton. Also a good time to Wishlist the game.
Chester’s Revenge is a heart-pumping, fast-paced action game. Which takes inspiration from old and modern classics such as Cuphead, Mega Man, and Metal Slug. The Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign is now live. While offering support for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. Which is due to release sometime in 2023.