CHOP is a 2D arena fighting game for Linux, Mac and Windows via Steam Early Access. Which also has a lot of gore, fast-paced action and a unique twist in its flagship game mode. That is if you can handle it.
CHOP arena fighting Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
So this is an Early Access for developer Claws Up Games. Where the gameplay is all bloody killings with ultra fast movements. While the mechanics offer a real strategic dimension and will put your skills to work.
Gameplay only requires one hit to kill. CHOP is meant to be as fast as an FPS. Mixing in that platformer setting with influences from Towerfall and Mortal Kombat.
- Rush Out : Here, no matter how many players you kill. Your goal is to rush out through your portal as fast as possible. Don’t worry, you still need to kill, as it’s the only way to open the portal. It closes if you die, so you’ll be under a lot of pressure when it comes to escaping. Don’t mess around, just kill someone and rush out !
- One hit to kill, respawn almost instantly : CHOP is meant to give a feeling close to what you can experience in fast FPS, mixed with platformer setting and influences from games like Towerfall and Mortal Kombat.
- Blood and guts in a torn apart world, with a comic book vibe : CHOP speaks to those who like gore, comics, post-apo and are looking for a supercharged party game.
- Multiple ways to kill : dash and slice through your opponent, throw your sword and impale him on a wall or grab him and tear him apart with your bare hands. Or maybe grab this ridiculously big gun and obliterate all scumbags around ?
- Choose your fighting style : call back your sword with your mind, control it like a homming missile, teleport yourself or just take two swords instead of one.
- Glorious dismemberments, delightful executions, silly gory graphics all wrapped up in a comic book style.
- Swords will fly, bodies will be chopped, tons of blood will be shed and you’ll probably end up shouting at your friends.
CHOP releases on Steam:
Availale now on Steam Early Access, priced at $10.79 USD And releases with a 10% discount until September 7th. Supporting Linux, Mac and Windows.