City of the Shroud real-time, combo-based battles is available for Windows and Mac, but coming to Linux. We finally have a positive update from developer Abyssal Arts.
Linux Support Working?
“The good news is, the basic systems all appear to be in working order on Linux. Even distros not supported by Unity.
The bad news is that we haven’t had time to test the more complex systems yet. We’re simultaneously working on general patches/improvements and making new content for Chapter 2. so it’s slow going. We do have a test environment set up now though. So I’m hopeful we’ll be able to start testing the remaining (but more vulnerable) systems soon.”
While this is some good news indeed, obviously more testing needs to be done. And since City of the Shroud released back at the beginning of August 2018. This is a solid turn around. I already offered up the Steam Beta Branch option. So I’m hoping Abyssal Arts take up the offer and issue a Linux port to the community.
The gameplay itself will have players taking part in a live, player-driven story. While it unfolds over four chapters.
Therefore your choices, and the choices of every player, will drive a living tale of shifting alliances. While you race to uncover the truth of the magical shroud that holds Iskendrun captive.
City of the Shroud Launch Trailer (Mac, Windows and soon Linux)
- The story is a living episodic campaign: in each chapter, every player’s actions impact how the world, changing how the story unfolds for the entire community in the next chapter
- 4 chapters: each chapter is crafted based on the cumulative influence of every player’s choices and actions from the previous episodes
- Real-time, combo-based battle system: think on your feet and chain your attacks together to defeat your opponents
- Play your way: an optional “Wait Mode” pauses the action while you enter combos, and you can choose to slow down or speed up the gameplay to suit your playstyle
- Multiple difficulty options let you choose between focusing on narrative and testing your tactical prowess
- Online PVP multiplayer
- Deep combo and stat system lets you customize your team to suit your playstyle
- Steamworks support for customizing the appearance of your units in battle
- A distinctive world, beautifully realized in 2D and 3D