So this new content builds on the critically-acclaimed gameplay experience. While giving Civilization VI players new choices, strategies and challenges. Guiding a civilization to stand the test of time.
The expansion introduces new Golden Ages and Dark Ages. Also a new city Loyalty system. Plus Governors who can be part of the players’ cities.
Civilization VI: Rise and Fall also adds nine new leaders. And eight new civilizations, including returning fan-favorites Shaka. While leading the Zulu and Genghis Khan leading Mongolia. New leaders appearing for the first time in a Civilization game. So this includes Queen Seondeok, leading Korea and Robert the Bruce, leading Scotland.
Civilization VI: Rise and Fall Expansion | Mac and Linux Launch Trailer
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Rise and Fall Features:
- GREAT AGES: As your civilization ebbs and flows. And you reach milestone Historic Moments. So you will experience Dark Ages or Golden Ages. Each providing specific challenges or bonuses based on your actions in-game. Rise triumphantly from a Dark Age. So your next Golden Age will be even stronger – a Heroic Age.
- LOYALTY: Cities now have individual Loyalty to your leadership. Let it fall too low and face the potential to lose your city to its own independence. Since one civilization’s loss can be your gain. As you inspire Loyalty among Free Cities throughout the map. Further expanding your borders.
- GOVERNORS: Recruit, appoint and upgrade powerful characters. Including unique specialization bonuses. Also promotion trees to customize your cities, and reinforce Loyalty.
- ENHANCED ALLIANCES: An enhanced alliances system. This allows players to form different types of alliances. Building bonuses over time.
- EMERGENCIES: When a civilization grows too powerful. Other civilizations can join a pact against the threatening civilization. So earn rewards, or penalties, when the Emergency ends.
New Leaders and Content:
- TIMELINE: Review your civilization’s history at any time with the new Timeline feature, a visual journey through the Historic Moments that you encountered on your path to victory.
- NEW LEADERS AND CIVS: Nine leaders and eight new civilizations are introduced. Each brings unique bonuses and gameplay, as well as a total of eight unique units, two unique buildings, four unique improvements, and two unique districts.
- NEW GLOBAL CONTENT: Eight new world wonders, seven natural wonders, four new units, two new tile improvements, two new districts, fourteen new buildings, and three new resources have been added.
- IMPROVED GAMEPLAY SYSTEMS: The Government system has been enhanced with new Policies and additional improvements have been made to existing systems.
Linux Support on Steam and Humble Store:
Follow the conversation on social media by using the hashtag #OneMoreTurn. Be sure to follow the Civilization franchise on social media to keep up to date with the latest news and information on Sid Meier’s Civilization VI.