CLUNKY HERO platformer metroidvania games showing off gameplay in a new trailer for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. Thanks to the creative efforts of developer Chaosmonger Studio. Due to make its way onto Steam this fall.
CLUNKY HERO is a story driven, platformer metroidvania game. Which also offers a touch of RPG and tons of humor. Made for gamers who want a platformer with a strong storyline. Where you can talk with characters, solve side quests, find and buy items. All while changing weapons and wearables. Along with great hand-drawn looking backgrounds. All of that presented in a very comical way with decent graphics. Which you can see hints of in the trailer.
Chaosmonger are trying to create a blend between the gameplay of Hollow Knight. Doing so with the humor and parodist elements of a card game like Munchkin.
The story behind CLUNKY HERO takes place in a village far, far away. A dull peasant named Rufus was living an ordinary life. The boss of the house was his wife, Brunilde, a boisterously smart and funny woman. Although, you wouldn’t exactly call “pretty”. Life was nice and happy in the village, until one day, awakened by some magical mistake, the Evil One started to spread his minions around town. While out there performing hideous acts against the people. The worst of which was the kidnapping of Brunilde. She was torn from Rufus’ hands and put in a prison at the Evil One’s castle. Transformed into a blondie duck faced doll girl. So now, she now spends all her time staring at herself in a small handheld mirror.
Clunky Hero – Trailer Early Access (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
Determined to win her back, Rufus made a helmet out of a bucket. He also picked a broom as a weapon. So now, everybody now calls him the CLUNKY HERO. But he might be the only hope to defeat the evil one that no one wants to call by name. As a result, Fufus is now on his journey to save his wife and the whole village!
- 10 hours of gameplay along 30+ levels subdivide in 7 different areas.
- Open World exploration.
- Various shops where to trade items and find rare collectibles.
- Six different skills that allow the player to explore new areas and improve the combats.
- Various weapons to buy and find in hidden passages.
- Side Quests to get weapons and bonus items to build up the main character.
- Though Bosses which unique AI for challenging combats.
- Many dialogues to discover the lore of CLUNKY HERO.
- All of this presented in a very comical way!
- Full controller support, no keyboard or mouse needed
CLUNKY HERO platformer metroidvania is initially planned for PC (Linux, Mac, and Windows). Due to arrive on Steam Early Access, October 2021. While the full version and also porting for consoles (Switch, PS, Xbox) is planned for early 2022.