Caffeinated Couch Co-op Coffee Crisis beat em up coming next for Linux, Mac and Windows. All coming to Steam next month.
While you might be a fan of good old fashioned beat ‘em ups. Players will love Coffee Crisis. Set to the sweet, sweet sounds of Pittsburgh metal band Greywalker.
This game also features gorgeous hand drawn sprites. Both destructible (and tossable!) environmental items. All while completelyset in real Pittsburgh locations (except, of course, for the Mars level).
So the Smurglians have invaded Pennsylvania. They’ve come to take our coffee, heavy metal and cat videos. And for some crazy and most horribly, our Wi-Fi. The Black Forge Coffee house doesn’t think that sounds like a very fair trade. So they’re going hardcore and fighting back.
Baristas Nick and Ashley each bring their own special brew to the fight. While they have unique abilities and special moves. They are also ready to take on whatever the Smurglians throw at them.
Coffee Crisis was originally released on the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive. Features a truly authentic retro beat ‘em up experience. Since the sprites and environments are all built to spec for Sega’s beloved 16-bit system.
Coffee Crisis Pre-Release beat em up Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows:
- Ten Levels of Smurglian Smashing Goodness
- An authentic retro-styled experience originally released on the Sega Genesis
- Gorgeous hand-drawn sprites and environments
- Single, Local co-op to fight aliens with friends
- Encounter random modifiers that could make you an invincible killing machine or summon a swarm of raging possessed cowgirls! You’ll never experience the same cup of cosmic coffee carnage twice!
- Finally, a video game set in Pittsburgh
- Metal music by Greywalker
- Available on Mac, Windows and Linux
- Twitch/Mixer integration lets you enjoy the game while keeping both hands on your coffee cup
- Heavy Metal
- Possessed Grannies
- Dangerous amounts of caffeine
- Steam Trading Cards and Badges