Collapsed is a new roguelike action platformer coming to Windows PC, but the games Linux support is in the wings. According to developer Glaive Games, there is community demand. Which is coming to Steam this summer.
Collapsed is a post apocalyptic roguelike action platformer. Where players hunt prey through vast procedurally generated levels. All full of tough enemies. Which also means useful loot and experience points. Since you can fight alone or with a friend in online co-op. Either way, it won’t be easy. Which also somewhat reminds me of Dead Cells.
” On release day, the game will only support Windows. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources and people to support MacOS and Linux.
However, after the release. We will most likely be able to afford porting to other OS.”
This is also outlined in the Steam Discussion. So I reached out directly for details about Collapsed. Confirming, “we cant test, we cant port it right now.” But the 3 member team plan will polish the Windows PC release, first. And then consider further platforms, as stated above. Since the studio wants “maximum possible number of platforms.”
The game engine of course is Unity 3D. This should also mean Proton functionality. At least until that native port releases.
Collapsed Announcement Trailer (Windows PC, then Linux)
In Collapsed you play as one of 4 unique Hunters. Those who have to track down their prey. Each one has its own set of abilities, skills and combat style. So you’ll have to travel through hazardous procedurally generated levels. While fighting dozens of enemy types and challenging bosses.
Since Collapsed takes place in a post apocalyptic world. There are also useful items. Those that you can combine to gain new traits. With experience points, you’ll invest in a vast skill tree. So you won’t lose all of your precious treasure when you die. And yes, you’ll die a lot. Starting from the beginning each time. While your loot and items are carry over to your next run.
- A dangerous world to explore. Collapsed features 9 uniquely styled locations with procedurally-generated levels filled with tough enemies and deadly traps.
- Fight your way. Choose one of 4 Hunters, each with its own ranged and close combat styles, and engage in a hardcore timing-based fights. More than 60 enemy types and 15 bosses await you!
- Evolve. The game features a massive and branchy skill tree to develop your unique war machine.
- Tools of destruction. You can combine and craft over 100 different items that’ll help on your way.
- Rogue-lite. Once you’ll die (and you most certainly will), you’ll have to start from the beginning – but your hard-earned items and skills carry on.
- Fight alone or with a friend. Collapsed features a cooperative mode for one of your friends.
- 10 difficulty modifiers. In case you’re into a real challenge.
Collapsed does not have an official release date. But the platformer games coming to Steam this summer. Releasing on Windows PC. With support for Linux later. So Glaive Games can release a solid and stable build.