Colony Ship turn-based party-based to get support for Linux and Mac beside Windows PC. Thanks to developer Iron Tower Studio. Which is now available via Steam Early Access and on GOG. Releasing with 90% Positive Reviews.
Yes. The engine (Unreal 4) supports both platforms, so I don’t expect any problems there. However, we won’t know until we try, so it’s not a promise but a goal.
Colony Ship is a turn-based, party-based RPG aboard a generation ship. Launching to Proxima Centauri. The game features a detailed skill based character system and multiple ways to handle quests. While including choices and outcomes, and branching dialogue trees.
Gameplay starts in the Year of Our Lord 2754. You will never feel the sun’s warmth under a blue sky. Never hear the wind in the branches of a tree, and never swim in the ocean. All due to the misfortune of being born on the Ship. Bound to a fate you didn’t choose. You have never seen Earth and you’ll never see Proxima Centauri either. Since you are doomed to live and die on the Ship in the name of the Mission. Like your father before you, and his father before him.
Colony Ship – Early Access Trailer
Since the Ship is old. She had already been in service for twenty years, then being rechristened Starfarer. Which is also a nice name for a retrofitted interplanetary freighter. No one is certain the Ship will actually reach its goal. Plus nobody really cares, since no one alive now will live to see it. Might as well get on with your life and try to make the best of it.
Colony Ship is an isometric RPG inspired by Heinlein’s Orphans of the Sky. Therefore, your character’s world is a “generation ship.” A massive spacecraft on a centuries long voyage to colonize a distant planet. The Ship’s original government has been disbanded following a violent mutiny. So you must work through a dangerous path among your fellow passengers. And the contentious factions striving to dominate the Ship. Your choices alone will decide who your friends and enemies are.
- Skill-based character system, with feats and implants.
- Tactical turn-based combat. Features standard, aimed, and weapon specific attacks.
- Multiple quest solutions, mutually exclusive questlines, and a branching main storyline.
- 10 recruitable party members with different personalities, agendas, and beliefs. Also only 3 available in the first Colony Ship chapter.
- 3 main factions and a score of lesser factions and groups
- A large arsenal including melee weapons, firearms, energy pistols, grenades, and futuristic gadgets like the Energy Shield, Reality Distortion Generator, and Cloaking Field.
- Different environments to explore, from the Engine Room and Hydroponics to the dystopian cities of the Habitat and the Mission Control ruins (only the Pit, Armory, and Hydroponics are available in the first chapter)
Colony Ship turn-based party-based v1.0 is due to launch in 2022 for $39.99 USD.