Since The Coma: Recut was expected to release on Linux, Ubuntu, Mac and Windows. Hence this nerve-shredding school-based survival-horror adventure from Devespresso Games. Now stalking its way into nature support via Steam. While I can’t say the same for GOG, we do have a playable Linux and Ubuntu port available.
“We have a Linux version completed, but have not been able to playtest it yet.”
While this is only partially true. The games native build is playable via Steam, yet there is no official icon. Which has been removed from GOG. Here’s an in-game screenshot below and YES the games fully playable. And no, this is not a Beta branch install.
The Coma: Recut – Launch Trailer:
About The Coma: Recut
You are Youngho, a hapless Korean student who, after drifting asleep during his final exam. Waking to find himself trapped in a twisted version of his school, Sehwa High. And he’s not alone. Relentlessly pursued by a psychotic killer, Youngho must evade his hunter. While desperately searching for a way to escape the dread-filled corridors and classrooms.
The Coma: Recut Features:
- A remastered version of indie cult classic The Coma: Cutting Class. The game has seen rebalancing and a ‘recut’ with new and updated animations, mechanics, cutscenes and art
- Hide: Crouch in the darkness or cower in a closet to stay out of sight and evade the killer
- Survive: Use your flashlight to search for useful items. But some warning – it can attract unwanted attention
- Mystery: Discover notes and clues to uncover the twisted history of Sehwa High’s students and teachers
- The cast of characters and creepy corridors of Sehwa High are brought to life in a hand-illustrated manhwa art style
- Death: Beware the horrors lurking in the dark, lest you bleed out in some forgotten classroom…
- Inspired by the real-world plight of Korea’s overworked high school students
Localized in the following languages: English, French, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Thai, Turkish
The Coma: Recut is now playable via Steam for Linux, Ubuntu, Mac and Windows. Yet the games also available with a 20% discount until September 29th. What an odd release though, don’t you think?
Note: Anyone who owns the original game – The Coma: Cutting Class – on Steam will receive The Coma: Recut on Steam for free.