[gigya height=”360″ src=”https://www.kickstarter.com/swf/kickplayer.swf?” flashvars=”allowfullscreen=true&autostart=false&backcolor=000000&controlbar=over&file=https%3A%2F%2Fd2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net%2Fprojects%2F493842%2Fvideo-232653-h264_high.mp4&image=https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fksr%2Fprojects%2F493842%2Fphoto-full.jpg&screencolor=000000&skin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kickstarter.com%2Fswf%2Fkickskin.swf&wmode=opaque” width=”480″ ]
Full Control have launched a Kickstarter for Jagged Alliance: Flashback . The firm is asking $350,000 in funding and so far 303 backers have pledged $11,138. The target platform is PC and will also be available for Mac OSX and Linux. A November 2014 release window is planned.
The games were unique in their blend of tactical turn-based action, controlling and maintaining squads of mercenaries, off and on the battlefield. As a player the decisions you made had a direct impact on how you played the game. Additionally, over-the-top personalities, memorable characters and role-playing elements made the games difficult to put away once you were hooked.
The game text will be localized to English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish.
A choice of distributions, always including a DRM-free option, for both the core game and future expansions.
The target platform is PC and the game will be available for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux.
Jagged Alliance: Flashback will be built around the core pillars that made the originals great; the deep strategy, the thrilling action and character RPG elements. The core game is essentially split up into 2 layers, a strategy layer and a tactical layer.
The content of the two layers are shown below:
- Base Management is the strategy layer behind all the gun-toting and action, it is your base of operations, where you manage resources and control which missions to engage in.
- It functions as a hub between missions and provides you with a map over the game world, it is also where you recruit, customize and take care of your mercenaries.
- The base is also used to manage the training of your mercenaries, construction and weapon research/manufacturing.
- The Tactical Screen is the turn-based action layer of the game, it features an isometric 3D camera view of the battlefield and it’s where you control your squad of selected mercenaries to achieve objectives and engage enemies face-to-face.
- Gear, character attributes and weapons all affect how a mercenary performs on the battlefield.
- There will be fog of war, which prevents a full view of the battlefield and hides enemy movements.
- The mercenaries can take cover behind objects in the world to gain different levels of protection.
- Mercenaries also gain new abilities as they survive more battles, but when they die – it’s permanent!
Full Control is a small independent game studio based in Copenhagen, Denmark. Over the years they have specialized in the genre of turn-based strategy games and have several productions in their portfolio. In fact, Jagged Alliance: Flashback will be our 9th title, and our 5th turn-base game in a row.
While we have managed to secure the Jagged Alliance license, we have chosen not to pursue any funding through the license holder bitComposer, as we wanted to maintain and stay true to our vision of the game.
Knowing that we couldn’t finance the game out of our own pockets, we started kicking around the idea of doing a Kickstarter campaign to reach out to the community for help – So, this is why we are turning to you, fans of Jagged Alliance and turn-based action strategy games, and are hoping you will be part of bringing back one of the most iconic franchises of the turn-based game genre.
Our approach for this Kickstarter funded project is transparency. We will give you the naked truth in frequent updates, as you are our backers and are entitled to know where your contribution endes up.
By pledging, you are not only supporting our vision of the game, you are also supporting the independent development of this game. We strongly feel that this should be a game by fans for the fans.
Reblogged from: linuxgamenews.com