Commander ’85 sci-fi thriller is due to get a native port for the game on Linux with Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to details from developer The Moonwalls. The game is now live on Steam.
Commander ’85 will have you discover the story of one very unusual birthday present. The outcome of a powerful AI landing in the wrong hands.
As with most sci-fi thriller stories, this one starts innocently enough. Due to a certain mother who wants to give her son the present of his dreams. A boy completely unaware of this newly acquired machine’s power. So let’s not spoil the fun, shall we?
Previous reaching out to The Moonwalls regarding Linux support. The email reply is positive.
The game was made with Unity engine. But Linux version is not currently supported. We still have several platforms on the go (PS4, and Nintendo Switch). But I can assure you that the Linux port will come next.
Commander ’85 is getting some negative reviews on Steam right now. Since there is a steep learning curve. But there seems to be a few issues regarding bugs, crashes, etc. Which means it could be a while before we see the game on Linux. Even though the games on sale during release week. UGH!! This frustrating, since the gameplay harkens back to the days of Commodore 64.
The whole plot of Commander ’85 is to explore humankind’s dream of creating self-aware AI. And also venture back in time to the 1980s. Become a teenage boy with no idea of the powerful machine in his hands. The see what that machine could lead to once it discovers that the human commanding it. Who may not be entirely ready for such a responsibility.
Commander ’85 Launch Trailer
Commander ’85 is a sci-fi thriller that will allows you to decide the fate of the world. Letting you use an advanced system of interaction with the computer’s artificial intelligence. Build its trust and friendliness toward you. Listening to its sarcastic comments and even watch as it quarrels with your parents. With hundreds of possibilities and random elements in the game’s plot. Every time you play will be different. With your choices leading to one of three possible endings.
- A historical setting featuring the culture and technology of the 1980s. Including various Easter eggs and nostalgic references.
- Innovative artificial intelligence system reflecting every choice and decision you make, and as a result leading to various plot twists and different endings.
- Randomly generated story branches and elements of the player’s surroundings, additional quests, and optional activities make every playthrough different.
- Radio stations broadcasting custom shows, commercials, and music, to help you really immerse yourself in the atmosphere of the ’80s.
- Numerous games and programs that you can not only install, but actually run on your Commander.
- Graphics inspired by VHS recordings, with additional sequences created in the style of period-specific movies.
Commander ’85 is now available on Steam for $12.99 USD. But thanks to the launch promo, you can get it for 20% off. Available on Mac and Windows PC. We will have to wait