Conglomerate 451 developer to evaluate support
Conglomerate 451 cyberpunk roguelite RPG games launching on Mac and Windows PC, but will evaluate support for Linux. Thanks to feedback from developer RuneHeads. Currently available on Humble Store and Steam Early Access. Along with Positive reviews.
Developer RuneHeads are excited to announce some good news. Since their first person cyberpunk dungeon crawler Conglomerate 451 will exit Steam Early Access on February 20, 2020.
During Steam Early Access, RuneHeads released multiple updates to Conglomerate 451. While introducing new areas, enemies, and corporation bosses. Also, updating the UI, and adding exciting roguelike features. Such as imperfect character cloning and randomized perks. Sadly no Linux support yet. Therefore, at full release Conglomerate 451 will mean another update. Including a patch fixing bugs and polishing features.
Linux support for Conglomerate 451:
For the first: we’re in a crunch and I can’t add other stuff to the backlog. But, of course, after the release, we’ll have more time to evaluate that (Linux).
For the second: we’re still seeking a coder with experience on Linux. I’ve very little experience with that. It’s terribly hard to find someone expert on Linux + Unity + Gaming! We want to do it, but I can’t promise anything.
Since this is probably not the answer you might expect. Conglomerate 451 does have Platinum support using Proton. And it should be a rather easy port.
However, the focus right now is certainly on familiar platforms. At least until the developer can evaluate support. And direct more “time and knowledge”. Which means we will have to wait for Linux post launch. There is a Discussion Thread to share you Tux Love. But make sure to Wishlist the game on Steam.
Conglomerate 451 – Early Access Trailer
Conglomerate 451 digs deep into its grid-based, dungeon crawling RPG roots. Offering players an incredible variety of technologies to explore and upgrade. Roguelike elements add weight to the smallest decisions. So your agents to make it out alive. They must leverage everything from hacking and equipable agent skills. To the strategic use of tools developed by your personal R&D department.
Due to being CEO of a special agency. It is your task to taking down the corrupt corporations. Those that threaten sector 451 of Conglomerate city. And since you have access to technology. Things that today’s top companies and governments can only dream of. From cloning to cybernization to DNA manipulation. Your agents can be built from the ground up to fit mission needs.
- Manage your resources – Make use of your own personal R&D department in Conglomerate 451. So you can research advanced technology. Unlock new features, powers and options for evolution
- More than just body mods – In addition to upgrading weapon and armor abilities. You can also augment your body with interchangeable cyber implants. Which completely change your agent’s skills and utility
- Pain and Trauma system – Even the smallest wounds can have a lasting impact. By taking damage in combat. Agents risk generating permanent Traumas. That will certainly follow them between missions
- Story or Endless Mode – It’s your choice. The Story Mode brings you in a world filled by events. Also, a war with corrupt Corporations and their hype. In the Endless Mode, the game will create endless content for you
- Perks and Mutations – Your agents can acquire special skills (Perks). And obtain Mutations in Conglomerate 451
- Drugs and Disorders – buy synthetic drugs to temporarily empower your agents, with the risk that they develop Mental Disorders
- Procedural cyber dungeons – Experience the dungeon crawling you love. Mixing this with future technology. While you take on procedurally generated dungeons and missions
- If you die in the game… – Each Conglomerate 451 mission could be your last. Thanks to agent permadeath. Consider every move, because if an agent dies in battle. They will be lost forever
- Hack the world – Enter cyberspace mid-mission. So you can hack your way ahead of the race. Get crucial intel and give yourself the advantage
- Collectables and Achievements – find collectibles around the dungeons. Then bring them to the Collector to discover the truth.
Conglomerate 451 will release on February 20, 2020. The cyberpunk roguelite RPG is coming to Mac and Windows PC. But will evaluate support for Linux going forward. Available on Humble Store and Steam.
For more information, be sure to follow RuneHeads on Twitter.