Catchweight Studio releases a Demo update for Conscript. The new version pays tribute to classics Resident Evil and Silent Hill. While including the addition of other endings. As well as an easter egg to discover. Conscript is a pixel art survival horror game set in the trenches of WW1. With 8 days left in its Kickstarter campaign.
The Conscript demo update is in itself is a nod to the Resident Evil 7 demo. A different ending and an Easter egg in reference to Silent Hill. All hidden within the Verdun trench maze. The demo has a lifespan of about 40 minutes to reach the classic ending. Likewise, this update offers more staying power. Including a better difficulty in solving the new puzzles.
The free Conscript demo is available on Steam and Itch.io. Which is only available until July 16th on Windows PC. But works smoothly using Proton via Steam or via Wine. While the full game itself is coming to Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
With 8 days remaining, the Kickstarter campaign already has 450 backers. While being more than 50% funded. With rave reviews highlighting the affinity between Conscript and classic titles of the genre. The heavy setting, the Save Theme, the puzzles as well as the management of the equipment. Which are the most popular reference markers. Check the gameplay video below to get a first hand look into the Demo.
Conscript – World War 1 Survival Horror gameplay by Alphabetagamer
Following the end of the Early Bird Caporal’s pledge rank. The Conscript Kickstarter now offers 15 different funding ranks. The biggest is the campaign is the fan requested add-on “Trench Raider”. The is also available for all pledge ranks. Since it offers the digital artbook of the game. Plus the chance to get your backer initials graved on trenches in game.
- 40-minutes long Demo includes a different ending. Plus an easter eggs as a nod to survival horror classic titles.
- Experience classic and orderly survival horror gameplay. Taking place in the trenches of the First World War.
- Save theme music realized by ‘New Resident Evil Save Room Music’
- Pixel art aesthetics and harsh sound design
- Manage your limited ammunition and supplies
- Solve complex puzzles
- Explore hand drawn historical environments of terrible Verdun battle
- Fight enemy soldiers and other disturbing manifestations
- Use various firearms and melee weapons to make your way
- Play and replay through difficulty levels and bonus weapon modes
Therefore, you can still back the Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign. But also dive into the new Demo update linked above. Since the full game release is due to arrive on Linux, Mac and Windows PC.