So, do you know what’s more #dangerous than space? #Criminals in #space. Hence the three-person studio, Mind Grown Software, behind Convicted Galaxy. So the studio will be asking for $10,225 to hit their campaign goal as it goes live in January.
While considered a 2.5D rogue-lite, every playthrough will be different each time. So gameplay also mixes elements from shoot’ em up and a third person perspective. Here’s the story excerpt from Mind Grown Software:
After a catastrophic event aboard an Interstellar Correctional Fleet (ICF) prison ship. You find yourself stranded in an unknown galaxy full of escaped prisoners. Hence the escaped prisoners grow in numbers and strength with every passing moment. Build space stations and support structures around planets. So upgrade your ship, and siege enemy locations in an effort to gain strength while weakening the enemy. Take risks when necessary, but don’t forget that you only have one chance.
Convicted Galaxy features across Linux, Mac and PC:
- Beautiful vast universe and solar systems to explore generated new for every playthrough
- Adaptive audio
- Constructible and destructible space structures
- Navigate and alter asteroid belts to collect resources, find cover from pursuing convicts, or inflict damage
- Build and defend space stations to obtain materials and perform ship upgrades
- Deploy a variety of satellites for additional station support
- Upgrade your spaceship with powerful weaponry and combine special abilities to increase survivability
- Rescue pilots from disabled escape pods to unlock new technologies and discover what happened to the correctional ship
- One chance at each unique galaxy, so make it count
- Fight off hostile factions and destroy their space stations in a race to discover a way out of the Convicted Galaxy
Convicted Galaxy is expected to release in May 2017 on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. So depending on how well the Kickstarter does; the studio may also consider a port on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Also check out Convicted Galaxy Steam.
The Kickstarter campaign for Convicted Galaxy goes live on January 3rd, 2017. Pledging a minimum of $9 will earn you a copy of the game releases next year.