Corruption and Hunger update out in Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos via Linux gaming, Mac, and Windows PC. Thanks to the continuing efforts of developer Team ADOM. Which getting much better views via Steam Early Access.
The launch of a massive new update for their “modern meets classic” roguelike dungeon crawler Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos is live. The “Corruption and Hunger” update comes with two challenging new mechanics. This also includes two new playable classes — the Chaos Knight and the Troll. Plus a host of fixes and patches. Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos is currently available in Early Access on Steam for Linux gaming, Mac, and Windows PC. If that wasn’t good enough news for Adomites. The man behind the series, creator Thomas Biskup, was livestreaming via Twitch. The recap is certainly worth a look too.
Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos Corruption and Hunger Update Trailer
With “Corruption and Hunger,” the dev team adds a wide array of fixes and gameplay upgrades. The update also adds mechanics that introduce even more layers to an already rich experience. As well as offering a new class and a new race for players to experiment with. So the Chaos Knight, who thrives by absorbing corruption. As well as the Troll, who comes ready to smash things, but requires a lot of food to keep those huge muscles working. The update also adds prefixes and suffixes to the armor types. While allowing for the creation of a staggering 200 million new items.
Features in this Update:
- New Mechanic: Corruption — Corruption will infect and mutate your character. Which is also effective regardless of class thanks to the Corruption and Hunger update. Which can cause nifty mutations and provide powerful new abilities. That is unless you absorb too much, in which case your character will morph into a quivering lump of ChAoS
- A New Mechanic: Hunger — Traversing monster infested dungeons requires food. But due to scarce ration supplies, keeping your brave warriors from getting “hangry” and lashing out is a full time gig
- Plus a New Class; The Chaos Knight — Much like the Incredible Hulk, the Chaos Knight gets power from the Corruption that infests the dungeons. Gaining new abilities, mutations, and strength. Just don’t absorb too much, lest you devolve into a useless wad
Crafting and new Races:
- New Race: The Troll — The perfect class for players who like a ton of destructive power. The troll is ready to bash, smash, and crash its way through the deep dark. Just remember to keep a lot of tasty food on hand. Since this level of physical might requires plenty of energy to march onward
- New Crafting Feature: Prefixes and Suffixes — With the latest update comes a prefix/suffix system for armor. This means a whopping 200 million potential unique items for players to experiment with. This means no build is ever the same!
The Corruption and Hunger update is now available in Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos via Steam. Priced at $19.99 USD / £17.49 / €19.99 in Linux gaming, Mac, and Windows PC. The game is currently available in English with German, French, Russian, and Simplified Chinese in the works. For more on the game and the development progress, visit the official site.
Assemble Entertainment is also offer a “Save the World” Edition for Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos. This comes with bonus wallpapers and the original soundtrack. Also, in keeping with the game’s theme of battling corruption. For every “Save the World Edition” sold, Assemble will donate 10% of the proceeds to the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC). The “Save the World Edition” is available on Steam for $29.99 USD / £25.99 / €29.99.