#Powerhoof, developer of the #multiplayer dungeon crawler Crawl, ready for a full launch. Since the #game has been in development for quite a while, 2.5 years on Early Access. Yet the isometric title for Linux, Mac and Windows PC is finally ready for a primetime release on 11th April.
So the gameplay is straight forward, one player takes the roll an adventurer and three other players control the monsters and traps. Since this is a cooperative competitive local multiplayer, the challenges are going to be real. Battling through randomly generated dungeons while full of traps and monsters, bring it on. But if a friend kills you, they take your place and it’s their turn to crawl. Sort of like revenge gaming with an epic twist. Since gameplay is a race to gain enough XP and loot to face those “friends”. Because they control the flailing limbs of the hulking final boss.
- A New Spin on Dungeon Crawling- Every trap and monster controlled by your real life buddies!
- Supports up to 4 in local-multiplayer.
- Vicious single player AI, challenges to master, and items to unlock.
- Turbo Charge Role Playing- Level up and amass a massive variety of weapons, spells and items in each 30 minute game.
- Evolve over 60 unique monsters from mere vermin into powerful demons and undead warriors.
So the goal of Crawl is to slay a boss that only becomes available via portal. Therefore once the player has raised their hero to level 10. Whoever defeats this boss (controlled by all three of the other players) wins first.
Do note that even when you’re not the hero, you’ll still be able to level up in Crawl. Since being able to possess increasingly strong foes, the longer the game carries on.
- OS: Ubuntu – glibc 2.15+, 32/64-bit
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: OpenGL 3.2+ support (2.1 with ARB extensions acceptable)
- Storage: 500 MB available space
- Additional Notes: Gamepad highly recommended