Godhood has a major free update, ‘Create Your Own Religion’. Available now on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Which also comes with a new trailer.
Create Your Own Religion Milestone Update Trailer for Godhood
The new update enhances the core gameplay of Godhood even moreso. While adding a brand new tech tree and a major visual overhaul. Likewise, there are a series of new religious customization options. And last but not least, featuring the highly requested cat worshipping. Also, new funeral rites mechanics in Create Your Own Religion. Since followers can now opt to consume their dead.
The update includes:
- A brand-new tech tree, with numerous mutually exclusive paths. While letting players further customize the Commandments. Which also forms the base of their personalized religion. Forgoing a set progression. The new tree grants players the flexibility to make changes to their chosen religion. Doing so earlier and with greater effect in Create Your Own Religion.
- Unlockable Tenets, allowing the player to mix and max their Commandments. While granting even further depth to their religion.
- Increased challenge thanks to the new Crystal Skulls mechanic. Updated Sacraments, and a reworked World Map introducing high-scores. Crystal Skulls dictate how and when the player can initiate the Sacrament battles. These auto-battles have also been updated in Create Your Own Religion. Including a new initiative system and disciple targeting stances.
- A substantial graphics make-over, with a host of new visual touches. While bringing out the life and detail of the player’s village, buildings, and followers. Over ninety hand-crafted illustrations have also been added. Showing how a player’s customized religion develops with each important milestone.
- A vast range of other improvements. As well as changes and player-requested content, including a rebalance of the in-game economy and recruitment mechanics. Also, followers can now worship cats (and dogs).
The “Create Your Own Religion” update is free for all players of Godhood. Releasing into Steam Early Access on July 10th, 2019. This major milestone update is the third free content expansion. After the previous ‘Will of the People’. And also ‘The Old One Rising’ update.
Godhood’s release came on the heels of Abbey Games’ highly successful Kickstarter campaign. Allowing the indie studio to create even more fantastical religions options. Available on both GOG and Steam.