Once upon a time there was a king. He had amassed a large kingdom through the assistance and guidance of his wise councillors. Their skill, martial prowess and intelligence were guided by total loyalty to the king’s royal will. But these men, all drawn from the most powerful nobles in the realm, were not immortal. Now their equally powerful children hold their fathers’ seats, and they seem to have ideas of their own.
Crusader Kings II: #Conclave, the newest expansion to #ParadoxDevelopmentStudio’s critically acclaimed medieval grand #strategy game, is now available at major digital retailers, the Paradox store and of course on Steam. This expansion focuses on the internal dynamics of managing a realm with powerful vassals demanding to be heard on the royal council.
How much power can you give to your advisors before you stop feeling like a king?
Conclave also includes:
- New realm laws to fine tune the future and culture of your country (including female inheritance)
- Fine tuning of how much money or gold you expect from your vassals
- Revised education system for royal children, with new traits and events designed for childhood
- New diplomatic system returns royal marriages to the center of medieval politics
- Changes to the military game, including renting your soldiers out as mercenaries
And, Paradox Interactive is releasing a new content pack – the cleverly named Crusader Kings II: Conclave Content Pack, to bring you new cosmetic changes to your game including world wonders, new portraits for some nations, and some new unit designs. It is sold separately.
The Conclave Content Pack pack includes:
- Corners of the Earth Building Pack: Pyramids of Giza, Petra, Hadrian’s Wall, Charlemagne’s Palace, Visby Ringmur, and the Agra Fort appear on the map
- Finno-Ugric Portrait Pack: New faces for this northern nation
- Indian Boats Unit Pack and Arabic Boats Unit Pack
- Mongol/Steppe Male and Female Councilor Model Pack and
- Western/Christian Female Councilor Model Pack
- New Event Pictures and one new loading screen: because we love our artists
And, as usual, whether you buy Conclave or not, the release is accompanied by a free, major patch that will improve Crusader Kings II for everyone.