The herald rides forth to make the announcement all have awaited. Court and commoners hold their breath in anticipation. Jealous rivals, hinder in their plots and sulk in the shadows. Since the glorious day is coming. Crusader Kings III, the heir to the crown of grand strategy gaming. Will now take its throne on September 1st, 2020.
Available for pre-order on Steam and Paradox Plaza ahead of the release date. Crusader Kings III is a medieval grand strategy role-playing game. All due to arrive from the minds of Paradox Development Studio. Since it is up to you to guide a royal dynasty through the centuries. While you claim new lands through diplomacy and marriage. Or use your armies to conquer your neighbors. Maybe also unite a divided realm. When swords and seduction fail, however. Spies and poison can certainly be effective.
Crusader Kings III – Story Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
Crusader Kings III is the sequel to one of the world’s most beloved strategy games. Rich with new historical content and character options. It has never been easier to wrap yourself in the ermine cloaks of power. While writing your own story of castles, knights, crusades, and murder.
- Character Focused Gameplay: Every character you play or interact with has their own unique personality. So that events and options in the game are largely determined by you. Or rather, the type of person you are.
- Infinite Possibilities: Play as any noble house from Iceland to India, Finland to Central Africa. Covering over five centuries. Interact with wandering guests and stubborn children. Also devious spymasters and saintly holy men in an intricate tapestry of medieval life.
- Waging War: Rally your servants and raise your men at arms. So you can besiege enemy castles or put down rebellions. Personal skill on the battlefield can win you great honor. But strategic planning is also the path to victory.
- Royal Marriages: Spread your dynastic DNA throughout the Crusader Kings III world. Stamping your royal seal on the crests of kingdoms. As well as duchies far and wide. Marry for power and raise children to press claims on new lands.
- Saints and Sinners: Keep faith with your religious leaders. Or maybe perform great crimes in the interest of the state. When the going gets tough, you can always embrace a heresy. Or even craft a new religion more in line with your character’s first concern.
Blackmail and Character Age:
- Schemes and Skulduggery: Learn the secrets of your courtiers and servants. So you can blackmail them for their support. Seduce your way into a superior’s good books. Or plot the untimely fate of an unlucky relative in Crusader Kings III.
- Events Inspired By History: Experience great holy wars, peasant revolts, and cadet branches of dynasties. Also, heretics, superstition, castles, knights and wars over inheritance.
- 3D Character Portraits: Characters age and change appearance as their traits take a toll on their body. The higher the rank, the fancier the clothing.
- And much more: Holy Orders, mercenaries, pagan and Viking raiders. All easily customized rule sets and a beautiful new map to play on.
Crusader Kings III is available for pre-order at Steam and Paradox Plaza. Priced at $49.99 USD / £41.99/ €49.99. With a release date for desktop monarchs on September 1, 2020. Due to arrive on Linux, Mac and Windows PC.