Originally called Sandbox Editor, CryEngine 3 is the current editor used to create levels for the CryEngine line of game engines by Crytek. The CryENGINE team is looking for a Linux programmer. As the demands for Linux game programming, ports, and various other aspects are now in high demand.
If you are looking to work on the Linux version of the 3d engine, here is what the CryENGINE team are looking for in a Programmer.
- Maintain Linux support for CryENGINE.
- Contribute to maintenance and improvements of low-level engine systems.
- Ensure reliability of Unix based build systems for SDK releases and special projects.
- Create and maintain modules to be used for automated testing.
- Contribute developer documentation based on on-going developments.
- Participate in the development of game prototypes and custom solutions for external partners.
- Provide support and training to internal and external developers.
- Show a strong passion for customer service and satisfaction.
- Take initiative and be willing to expand own horizon.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Safeguard company assets including source code, artwork, tools, game design information and technical know-how.
We posted news about the position on Twitter yesterday. However we are very excited to see the position filled with the right candidate to be able to bring CryEngine 3 games to Linux, finally.
— LinuxGameConsortium (@linuxgamecons) July 9, 2013
Read the full details and requirements about the carreer option here.