Curse of the Sea Rats metroidvania already funded on Kickstarter for Windows PC, but also Linux and Mac. According to developer Petoons Studio. The crowdfunding campaign is already 128% funding at $21,359 USD.
Curse of the Sea Rats packs all of the best metroidvania features. While using beautiful 2D hand-drawn animation and 3D environments. Combining unique real-time combat mechanics. Also, brutal final bosses and a lot of pirates and rats.
Independent games developer Petoons Studio Kickstarter campaign just released. Due to arrive on Steam on April 2021 for Windows PC. But the campaign FAQ also shows full release support for Linux and Mac.
The current version is Windows-only but we will try to have Mac and Linux also working, at least for the final release.
Curse of the Sea Rats packs the best features. So you can explore the island, battle cruel creatures. And also fight brutal bosses commanded by the evil pirate Flora Burn. Forge your own path to freedom in a non-linear quest. Working through the vast and mysterious coast of Ireland in 1777.
Curse of the Sea Rats – Official Trailer
The Curse of the Sea Rats Kickstarter campaign helps to finish the game. While covering costs related to the animation, production and development. Funds will be critical to complete the project without sparing the art and quality.
- Classic hand-drawn animation like the golden era of Disney and Don Bluth.
- A perfect mix of 2D models crafted on a 3D game environment. All in a 2.5D side scrolling platformer experience.
- Explore a huge map with hundreds of rooms. Also a non-linear quest to solve puzzles. And of course fight enemies in the coast of Ireland in 1777.
- 4 playable characters in Curse of the Sea Rats. All jam-packed with weapons and special abilities to upgrade.
- Discover all the secret rooms, special items, and multiple endings.
- Single-player mode: more than 12 hours of gameplay for the main quest
- Local Co-Op Multiplayer mode: up to 4 players.
- Spectacular intros and animations to discover the story behind the characters.
The Curse of the Sea Rats will help metroidvania already funded. The developer’s Kickstarter campaign is still going strong. Due to release in Early Access for Windows PC in April 2021. Followed by Linux and Mac for the full release.