Cyber Shadow ninja action games just announced for Windows, Mac and hopefully Linux. Thanks to the creators of the famed Shovel Knight. Which is coming to Steam, soon. Thanks to the help of Yacht Club Games.
Since the Shovel Knight franchise is hugely popular. We have to give expectation to Cyber Shadow. Since the developer released the cyber ninja game at PAX East this week. But the Steam page only shows Mac and Windows. So we reached out through our PR channels.
The only answer we have from the developer. So “there’s a good chance Cyber Shadow will be available on Linux. According to Yacht Club Games”
Since Yacht Club are exceedingly busy. And this suggests a port. I’ve created a Discussion post on Steam. Hopefully we can get a full out public confirmation. Since the above statement only suggests a Linux build.
Cyber Shadow is the newest addition to the Yacht Club Games roster. The world is taken over by synthetic lifeforms. So there is a desperate plea for help Shadow on a journey. While he is trying to find what put the world on a path to ruin.
For the player, this means you slash through techno hordes. Also leaping past traps and work through the ruins of Mekacity. Only you can unlock the secrets to your clan’s power. Cyber Shadow is a unique take on the ninja action genre.
Cyber Shadow Trailer (Windows, Mac, hopefully Linux)
Yacht Club Games reached out to Aarne two years ago. Hoping to get their help with Cyber Shadow. Aarne has since been in development of the game. Working on his own for years. With no intention of working with a publisher. But Yacht Club Games is the only team he’s ever consider. Currently working to hone his creation.
Aarne described Cyber Shadow to the Shovel Knight creators. Since calling the game, “NES-style game that had the level design principles of Mario. Also the skills and action of Ninja Gaiden. The enemy designs of Contra. And also the dark visual aesthetic of Batman.”
So what the team got to play is an original game. Taking classic ninja action to the next level. So now, after 6 years and 5 Shovel Knight games. Yacht Club Games is now of the authentic 8-bit fun. The company is confident it could rely on its experiences. And also their expertise to take Cyber Shadow to the next level.
For my own first look, the game seems like Riptale. The three move action slasher. Compare both trailers, you’ll see what I mean.
Sorry for the discrepancy! Cyber Shadow will also be available on Linux via Steam. We'll have the listing fixed next week when we're back from PAX.
— Yacht Club Games (@YachtClubGames) March 30, 2019
Since Yacht Club Games is handling the marketing of Cyber Shadow. And also the porting, business, and typical roles of a publisher. So that Aarne can focus on the core game development. It’s likely this will be a cross platform release.
In addition, Yacht Club Games is involved in giving design feedback. While sharing lessons from the creation of Shovel Knight.
- Dash, slice, and leap through masterfully designed levels. All full of sharply honed ninja platforming action.
- Authentic 8-bit presentation with handcrafted sprites. Also a detailed pixel aesthetic and perfect controls. Modern touches like fluid animation. As well as multi layered parallax backgrounds. Plus an evolved game design.
- Take down more than a dozen apocalyptic bosses in Cyber Shadow. From enormous war machines to your synthetic clan rivals.
- Relive the authenticity of classic 8-bit challenge. Or experience it for the first time. With an added convenience or two.
- Rescue your clan to unlock permanent Ninjutsu skills and abilities. Combining them seamlessly as the warrior of legend could.
- Search for secrets as you explore the ruined world. Return to your old haunts to find supplies. As well as items and upgrades.
- Experience a gripping story. Told both in-game and through animated cinematic story scenes. All between the action. Who can be trusted? How far will Shadow go to protect his clan? And protect the one he loves?
- Pulse pounding soundtrack by Enrique Martin. Produced by Jake Kaufman.
Cyber Shadow ninja action is “coming soon” to Steam. The games priced a $14.99 USD MSRP. Releasing on Mac and Windows. Hopefully Linux as well. So make sure to Wishlist on Steam.