Welcome to the front line of gaming news, here the full #launch of #WorldWar2 #shooter Day of Infamy. Hence New World Interactive, creators of Insurgency and Insurgency: Sandstorm are proud to announce the official launch out of Early Access for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
Day of Infamy shooter went live on New World’s Twitch channel. So you can still catch the past broadcast, which features developer interviews and of course gameplay.
Since Day of Infamy started back in late 2015 as a mod for Insurgency. Created by the developers at New World and a members of modding community members. Hence an announcement at the PC Gaming show at E3 2016, Day of Infamy releasing into Early Access in June 2016.
Since New World has worked to stay true to their design established by Insurgency. Shaping Day of Infamy into a unique game that can stand on its own. Since this point, the release has received an very positive 88% review score in the last 30 days.
Day of Infamy Features include:
- 8 player Cooperative gameplay versus challenging AI opponents in three game modes and two difficulty levels.
- Up to 32 player Multiplayer gameplay in four wave-based game modes with the Battles playlist. Alternatively, 24 player game modes in three single-life and objective-reinforcement playlist Special Assignment.
- 10 maps – Ranging from war-torn cities to farm villages, and fortified beachheads to snow-covered forests.
- Over 70 historical weapons and attachments, whether you’re fighting for the U.S. Army, Commonwealth Forces or the German Wehrmacht.
- 9 player classes, providing a variety of experiences depending on what the player prefers.
- Unit system – Unlock historic units as you rank up, which are then playable as in-game characters with new uniforms, headgear, badges, and voices. Ranking up does not provide players with any gameplay advantages, so gameplay balance will always remain purely skill-based.
- Mod support and Workshop integration providing players with a vast array of community-created content. Built on Valve’s Source Engine, the SDK is one of the most familiar out there. Modders can replace models, textures, sounds and user interfaces in the game, as well as add new maps or total conversions using the game’s theater scripting system. There are already over 480 mods which have been created during the game’s early access phase.
Since the Day of Infamy launch is significant gaming news. Eager players can buy the full release on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows PC for $19.99 (USD).