Dead Age 2 is just a few weeks away. So naturally, it’s time to give you more insights about the project. Which also happens to be coming right from the developer.
The successful indie survival RPG Dead Age is back with a vengeance. Dead Age 2 features a unique combination of survival, management, and roguelike events. You also face fast paced turn based combat in a classic role playing game. Preparing for the coming release certainly comes with tons of quests. Plus a story where your decisions directly affect plot progression.
In comparison to part 1, the fighting system became much more complex and flexible. For example, you can now perform a normal attack twice in one round and collect adrenaline points. Since strong survivors can protect their allies by taking position in front row combat. Instead of the ranged attack row. In front row position, you can also choose a more complex skill. Such as “Brute Strike” and use your greater adrenaline to deal higher damage.
In the Dead Age 2 ranged attack row you can also focus / recharge. While using your strongest skills in the next round. Those that do a lot of damage or can be very effective against enemies with certain debuffs. Team play is very effective e.g. if one survivor uses the shotgun to shoot zombies unconscious. And maybe another one then does extra damage against unconscious enemies using the jump attack.
Dead Age 2 game announcement Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
Of course, the enemies have some nasty tricks, too. Their instincts may have several effects: zombies are able to strengthen each other. Since they hit each other to make themselves angry. And even bite other zombies to gather life energy or summon zombie hunters. Even undead animals. Zombies can even infect you with the virus, too. So be careful!
In return, you have new special skills as well. Since you can use mobile turrets, summon a dog. And if you find one, even a hungry tiger.
- More complex story with no knowledge of the previous storyline necessary: If you haven’t played Dead Age you will still be able to follow the diverse story of Dead Age 2 without difficulty.
- Improved combat system (Final Fantasy X meets Darkest Dungeon): with fast-paced yet strategic battles and use of up to 24 skills
- Faction Reputation System: Increase your standing with the three major factions to reap rewards and improve trade
- 3D Base-Management: Assign tasks to survivors, craft items and expand you camp’s capabilities for improved crafting options
- Compact Open World: Free exploration of the world map with 80 detailed locations to search for valuable resources
- Decisions with Consequences: Your decisions directly affect the story in a much more drastic way. Dead Age 2 has six unique possible endings
- Rogue-Like Elements: random 3D events with permadeath! If you die, you may purchase upgrades unlocked in previous runs for your next playthrough. Choose from 3 difficulty levels
Dead Age 2 preparing for the coming release on Steam Early Access. The game is due to go live on June the 3rd for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.