Linux and Mac Support (Beta):
A quick news bite to let you know that the Mac and Linux versions of Dead Cells are available in the beta branch. So if you have a friend who hasn’t been able to play yet because they prefer the penguin or the apple to the window, tell them to hop in and report any bugs to us!
Access the beta follow these instructions:
- Go to your Steam game library
- Right click on Dead Cells and click “properties”
- Select the tab “Betas”
- In the first dropdown box select “beta – “
- Click close and wait for the upload to finish downloading
- Start playing.
As a green mass of sentient cells, the player controls a discarded corpse. While exploring a castle on an ever-changing island. Where survival is a precarious and ephemeral state.
Death, however, is only the beginning in this alchemy-afflicted world. It’s just one more opportunity to unlock new weapons and skills. And also discover outlandish areas and plunder hidden secrets.
Motion Twin’s current development of Dead Cells on Early Access is more than one year now. While also taking into account community feedback and requests for new features. While working double the available content by the end of the Early Access period.
Dead Cells Roguevania Early Access Launch Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
- RogueVania: The progressive exploration of an interconnected world, with the replayability of a rogue-lite and the adrenaline pumping threat of permadeath.
- 2D Souls-lite Action: Tough but fair combat, more than fifty weapons and spells with unique gameplay, and of course, the emergency panic roll to get you out of trouble.
- Nonlinear progression: Sewers, Ossuary or Remparts? Once unlocked, special permanent abilities allow you to access new paths to reach your objective. Opt for the path that suits your current build, your play style or just your mood.
- Exploration: Secret rooms, hidden passages, charming landscapes. Take a moment to stroll the towers and breath in that fresh sea mist infused air…
So Dead Cells combines the progressive exploration of a Metroidvania game. With a ton of replayability of a Rogue-lite inspired game. Including special powers available that unlock new areas. Also new paths, secret rooms, big boss battles and other types of character progression.
Randomized loot, fluid and fast-paced combat are complementary. Since gameplay has that high replayability and rewarding permadeath game design.
Dead Cells roguevania is available on Steam Early Access with support for Linux, Mac and Windows, priced $11.99 USD. So due note, this includes a 40$ discount until July 5th. Which is the best deal, even better than Humble Store, which is available at full price of $19.99 USD.