Dead in Vinland the strategy RPG now has a Public Linux test on Steam. A game that pulls from many genres with survival management systems. Also RPG and adventure elements with a focus on player choice. Plus we have details on how to join developer CCCP’s test branch.
How to join the Public Linux Test Branch
- Right Click on Dead in Vinland in your Steam Library
- Select Properties
- Then select BETA’s tab
- Clicking on “Public Linux Test Branch” from the Drop Down Box
- Close the Properties Window
- Install the Game if it isn’t installed already.
- If it is already installed restart Steam if the game isn’t currently redownloading (restarting should trigger an update to the game)
Protagonist Eirik finds himself exiled from his home in Dead in Vinland. While he and his family struggle to survive in the new faraway land they call home. So it is up to you to help the Viking family survive. And thrive as they run into one hazard after another. Manage their physical and mental health, explore the island and organize your camp.
Also choose wisely when meeting hostile and friendly neighbours on the island. Discover some of the esoteric mysteries in Vinland. Ones that could save your life… or lead to your own demise.
Dead In Vinland – Gameplay Trailer (Windows, Mac and now Linux)
- Deep survival management simulation: Find and gather resources, secure supplies of food, manage the physical and mental health of your team. Also fight diseases and wounds, ration water supplies, and face terrible storms and droughts
- Challenging and turn-based: Randomized elements make it so there is no perfect strategy. Take your time and adapt to the situation to make the best decisions. Since Dead in Vinland is turn-based gameplay you have the time to make the best decisions. You’ll also have to adapt to any crisis the game throws your way
- Three modes of difficulty: One for enjoying the story, another for a challenging story. And still a third for an extremely difficult mode that even the developers can’t beat!
- Manage your community of up to 14 playable characters: Each with their own strengths, flaws, and unique stories, influence how their relationships evolve with meaningful dialog choices, and expect possible romances and betrayals
- Build your camp: Craft more than 130 upgrades for bonuses and expand your shelter with 18 activity stations, each with its own contributing mechanics
- Live your own adventure: complete 70 non-linear quests to reach the end of the game. And learn about what happened to your characters after the end depending on your choices in Dead in Vinland.
- An island to explore: Featuring over 150 map areas with hundreds of objects to interact with as players can unveil the many secrets of the island and its beautiful, hand-painted landscapes
- Full RPG system: Usable objects, skills to upgrade, characters to level-up, and randomly generated character traits every time they level up
- Tactical turn-based combat system: Quick and deadly 3v3 battles with five unique playable character classes, each with its own set of fighting skills, and five passive classes