By now the whole #zombiesurvival genre is overdone. Well that’s not quite the case in this bit of gaming news. Hence Dead Man’s Trail is a zombie survival #game coming to Linux, Mac and Windows PC via #Greenlight. Yet this is more of the classic travel survival game with some new twists. Since the game recreates the drama of modern zombie fiction. Hence making team members core to the player’s travel progress. Due to randomly generated cross-country journeys.
Here’s the deal:
While each character has their own job to help the party along the way. This includes a firearm expert, melee expert, paramedic, mechanic, and more. You get the idea.
However, all of these characters must be kept happy and healthy. So search through the randomly placed obstacles while gaming. Sort of like the emotional rollercoaster of Darkest Dungeon or even Rimworld. All while looting supplies in the procedurally-generated 3D environments. Therefore in each journey the player takes in Dead Man’s Trail, creates a highly replayable undead drama.
Dead Man’s Trail Features
- Choose your vehicle: the nimble 4-Wheel Rocket, the balanced Grave Digger school bus. Or the powerful Ark tractor-trailer.
- Keep your team of travelers healthy and happy. Each has their own job that will help the party along their journey. Firearm expert, melee expert, paramedic, and mechanic. Lose one and you’ll be limping down the road!
- Loot randomly generated 3D cities for supplies and weapons. Get in and out quickly or you will face the horde (and maybe join them.)
- A vast arsenal of weapons including revolvers, tactical shotguns, field hockey sticks. Oh and katanas, which will enable your players to survive and onslaught of Zombies!
- Dark comedy story and diverse cast of characters.
- Keep your senses about you and your ear to the ground. So the ambient sound changes when you’re being hunted.
Dead Man’s Trail – Beta Demonstration:
So, inspired to vote on Greenlight?
This is the sort of zombie survival that would adds nicely to the list of Linux games. Hence the reason for the news, well that and the fact that the gameplay style has some solid potential. With a release coming this June for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. While being developed in Unity 3D, of course.
Stay tuned for more details.