The upcoming free-to-play isometric MMO Dead Maze for Linux, Mac and Windows. While French developer Atelier 801, has a full launch coming in early 2018 (Steam). Set in a world where humanity faces devastation by a plague of infected. So player cooperation takes center stage in Dead Maze. So players have to explore, scavenge and work together to survive and rebuild society.
While overrun by unrelenting hordes of infected. Players in Dead Maze take on the role as one of the few remaining survivors. All working together to stay alive in a ravaged contemporary world. Where death lurks around every corner. Resources can be scavenged and turned into life-saving supplies. While ordinary objects become deadly weapons. Becoming tools against a wide array of aggressive, hive-minded infected. Since Dead Maze is a free-to-play game featuring a unique visual style. Along with the games colourful 2D isometric perspective. Showing destruction in all its glorying detail across Linux, Mac and Windows.
“Who doesn’t love zombies? At Atelier 801 we love them with all our hearts. So we are very excited to reveal our unique take on the apocalypse, Dead Maze,” said Jean-Baptiste Le Marchand, co-founder of Atelier 801. “With Dead Maze we wanted to try and do something different. An MMO where you have to work together in order to survive and restore civilization. Exploring, crafting, fighting; all of this is key. But you won’t last long on your own. We can’t wait for our community and players to get started.”
Dead Maze’s unique Features:
- Cooperation is key: work together to explore high-risk, high-reward instances in a ravaged modern world. Scavenge for resources, craft life-saving supplies. Fight off the coming yet ever-present hordes of infected.
- Set in a destroyed Western United States. Experience the absorbing story which puts players in the middle of the action. Interact with a strong cast of supporting characters to survive.
- From kitchen knives to old undergarments. Use any of the 500+ items to defend yourself. Defeat the coming hordes of infected.
- Face not only the undead, but also hunger, thirst, injuries and diseases. Ration your food and drinks, and monitor your health carefully. Thanks to the games in-depth survival mechanics.
- Choose and change which archetype to play at any time, from being a healer supporting others, to a tank or DPS, thanks to the versatile Skills and gear.
- Watch out: the infected work together using an advanced AI design and will gather together before attacking. They come in many different shapes and sizes, from violently exploding infected capable of attracting even more undead, to bosses able to project more infected towards you.
- Establish your camp and build and furnish your own home with the help of others. Plant seeds and tend to your vegetable gardens or breed cattle to gain access to extra food sources such as milk.
Dead Maze is set for a full release in early 2018 for Linux, Mac and Windows. More of the games specific will become available in the near future.
For more information, follow the game on Twitter or like it on Facebook.