French developer Atelier 801 (Transformice) has been hard at work at making the zombie apocalypse a blood-curdling reality with the official release of the free-to-play Dead Maze being feature complete and ready to accept a new wave of eager human survivors.
Since the roll-out of the closed beta phase for Dead Maze. Developer Atelier now has a lot of bug fixes and a host of new features. Which also includes a new game mode called The Raid. Where players have to survive infinite waves of enemies for the upcoming release date.
Also, the team is localizing the game in six more languages. So on top of English and French (Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, German, Polish, Spanish and Turkish).
Dead Maze MMO Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
So the games set in the Western United States. Since humanity is see massive devastation by a plague of the undead. Player cooperation takes center stage in Dead Maze.
Since this means working with thousands of players. Having to explore, scavenge, and work together to survive. And rebuilding society. Dead Maze features a unique visual style. Which is a colorful 2D isometric perspective and hand-crafted maps. Showing off destruction in all its glorious detail.
Dead Maze MMO’s unique features:
- Cooperation is key: in this game with no player versus player combat, you have to work together to explore high-risk, high-reward instances in a ravaged modern world. Scavenge for resources, craft life-saving supplies and fight off the ever-present hordes of infected.
- Face not only the undead, but also hunger, thirst, injuries and diseases. Ration your food and drinks, and monitor your health carefully through the in-depth survival mechanics.
- Establish your camp and build and furnish your own home with the help of others. Plant seeds and tend to your vegetable gardens or breed cattle to gain access to extra food sources such as milk.
- Watch out: the infected work together using an advanced AI design and will gather together before attacking. They come in many different shapes and sizes, from violently exploding infected capable of attracting even more undead, to bosses able to project more infected towards you.
Weapons and items:
- From kitchen knives to old undergarments, use any of the 500+ items to defend yourself and defeat the hordes of infected.
- Choose and change which archetype to play at any time thanks to versatile skills, gear and scavenged items, from being a healer supporting others, to DPS or powerful tank.
- A compelling story and strong cast of supporting characters will guide you at launch across a dozen different locations and 22 major quests. The mission to survive does not end there. Since the story will continue to see expansion after the official launch. Giving Dead Maze new missions and chapters.
- Much more content coming after launch. So this includes the upcoming map editor. Wwhich allows you to create your own adventures. Play through with friends and sharing them with the whole community.
Release date via Steam games:
Dead Maze can now be wishlisted on Steam. The games coming to Linux, Mac and Windows with a February 13th release date. So stay tuned.