Deadfall Adventures is an action driven first person shooter. One that’s also full of elements from action adventure games. So now you must become an adventurer and hunt for treasures. All while exploring unknown regions of the world. Therefore you m ust rescue the damsel in distress from the clutches of enemies. Both earthly and not so earthly.
Speaking on their steam forum a developer notes details about Deadfall Adventures Linux Beta Release:
All customers of Deadfall Adventures should now have access to the Linux depot.
The year is 1938. James Lee Quatermain is a man of many talents. Yet holding on to money isn’t one of them. James is an adventurer by trade. Similarly, just like his legendary great grandfather Allan Quatermain.
Deadfall Adventures – Announcement Trailer
Likewise, Deadfall Adventures follows Quatermain. Who certainly isn’t too keen on escorting Jennifer Goodwin. Who also happens to be a US agent and former colleague of his. Since they have to make their way into an Egyptian temple structure. While working to retrieve an ancient artifact – The Heart of Atlantis. Neither does he believe in the reputed lively qualities of this artifact. He certainly doesn’t care the least that a division of the Ahnenerbe. The Nazi department specialized in the occult, is after The Heart as well.
In long forgotten temple structures the thrill of the chase is on. Which also awakens the true adventurer in Quatermain. So he and agent Goodwin strive to be one step ahead of the Nazis and the Russians. One step closer to obtaining the Heart of Atlantis. As Deadfall Adventures goes deep in these temples. Where age old guardians also awake from their eternal slumber. Consequently, James soon learns that his great grandfather’s stories are not crazy. Since all things live forever, though at times they sleep and are forgotten…
- Action Adventure gameplay from a first person perspective
- Set in the Quatermain universe, created by H. R. Haggard
- Fast-paced action and intense, accurate FPS gun battles
- Adventurer equipment: compass, treasure maps, notebook and flashlight – necessary to solve ancient puzzles, find treasures and even to defeat certain types of enemies
- Puzzles that encourage you to explore Deadfall Adventures</em environment and interact with it
- Environmental traps that can be used to eliminate enemies in many spectacular ways
- Exotic, picturesque locations from around the world – Egypt, Arctic and forgotten
- Mayan ruins in the jungles of Guatemala
- Compelling story faithful to the spirit of classic action-adventure movies
- 1930’s setting, including detailed weapon designs
- Unique adventurer-style multiplayer features and modes