Death by Game Show strategy coming to Linux
Death by Game Show is a #mashup of strategic risk versus reward and old school #arcade. It’s what we’ve coined as Twitch Strategy. It’s #released on Linux, Mac and Windows PC via Steam on the 22nd of January.
We love strategy games but find ourselves often in limbo between Tower Defense and Real Time Strategy. We wanted to create something quick to play but also challenging and gratifying. We needed that old school arcade progression – where learning patterns and honing reactions determined victory.
We also love titles that leave solutions open. We chose to build sandbox challenges, limited only by space and arcade inspired objectives like earn $10,000,000 for example. There’s nothing like finding a new solution to claim victory and as each winnable consumable potentially leads to a new strategy Death by Game Show keeps pressure on the player.
- The Big Show – You’re chained to the GameShow Intimidation Masheen of Pwnage (“Bring out The G.I.M.P.”) – Use it to spawn droids, call in building support, and dominate the field of play. Win an arsenal from the Wheel of Misfortune game show spinner and then risk it all as you struggle through many brutal challenges.
- Droid Rage – 10 different [email protected] droids including the roller-skating ninja Madichin and the toothy, British airborne bomb dropper RD-SLK. Plus experience six unique power-ups including the Speed Runner, It’s Got Electrolytes, Sexy Time, and Mama Said Knock You Out.
- Weapons & Buildings – Outlandish defensive weapons & buildings that feature “Upgrayedd” technology, including:
- Yeah B*tch! Magnets! – a giant toaster that shoots oversized exploding magnets.
- The Scrote Hammer – a set of swinging hammers that crush nuts.
- Droid Barracks — Wait, a more alarmist name would be… Kent Brockman’s Killbot Factory.
- DieSuperheroDie – all superheroes & zombies were rounded up in the 22nd century and electrocuted with this invention.
- Rust in Peace – delivers a Megadeth-sized barrel of bereavement
- Rectal Furnace – power begets power begets stink.
- Make It Your Own – Build challenges, customize skins, and edit all text in game – Make the Death by Game Show experience your own via the Steam Workshop.
- On-Going Support of Game – The March 2016 update will include least 30 new Oointah made challenges, editor updates including new functions and mechanics, an “Off-Air” Skirmish mode, plus localization to other languages.
Death by Game Show also has over the top humor and robust customisations like sprite, text and challenge editing. For more information check on Steam or the videos on YouTube for more coverage. Thank you and take care.