Degrees of Separation platformer is a unique new 2D co-op puzzler for Windows on Steam, but shows hope for Linux. Triple-I publisher Modus Games and developer Moondrop are excited to announce the game.
We’re using Unity as the game engine. There are currently no plans on a Linux port, but that is mainly because we’re a small company and there is already so much work for all the other platforms.
I do however like to keep Linux users in mind and hope to get a Linux version out, once I get some time. No promises though.
Developer Moondrop are honest about the the Linux release. Which again leads me to believe that Windows will be the primary launch. While Linux support could follow, with the possibility for a day-one release. This is not definite confirmation but looks promising.
For now we’ll have to wait and see, since this is only a game announcement. And still a bit early to call a full out confirmation.
Degrees of Separation arrives on Steam, February 14, 2019. While offering a new experience that’s perfect for solo and co-op adventurers. Also boasting a narrative crafted by industry veteran and games writer Chris Avellone. Who we already know for his work on Planescape: Torment, Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance, and Neverwinter Nights 2.
So gameplay features dual protagonists named Ember and Rime. Each has the power to manipulate heat or cold. Players must learn to master their respective temperatures while these two unlikely individuals grow ever closer. Tackling themes of closeness and separation.
Explore a gorgeously realized non-linear world that encourages players to experiment. Interacting with the environment around them. Making use of Ember and Rime’s polar opposite skill-sets, while seeking their common goal.
Since Ember would cause a nearby river to melt. Rime can freeze it over just as easily. Leveraging their unique talents and bringing together two opposing forces. Which rests at the center of this atmospheric puzzle adventure. Weaving together gameplay, narrative, and character development for a powerful emotional experience. Hence the Valentines Day release.
Degrees of Separation new co-op puzzler Trailer (Windows, Linux)
- 2D Adventure Platforming Experience beautifully crafted 2D worlds with a deeply immersive art style based on the aspects of contrasting temperatures
- Innovative Storytelling Discover the potential of dual protagonists Ember and Rime and follow a complex story by acclaimed video game writer Chris Avellone
- Environmental Puzzles Navigate distinct worlds and solve complex puzzles to organically alter situations and surroundings.
- Cooperative Gameplay Harness the powers of Ember and Rime in both single-player and cooperative multiplayer to interact with the environment in a variety of ways, both separately and as a team.
- Non-Linear Levels Traverse through diverse landscapes that each introduce a new game mechanic, weaving together gameplay, narrative, and character progression.
Degrees of Separation arrives on Steam, February 14, 2019 for $19.99 USD. To stay up to date on all the latest updates, check out the official website, follow Modus Games on Twitter, Discord and Wishlist on Steam today!