Deity Quest is a light-hearted, pokemon-inspired RPG where you play as an ambitious young god, recently assigned to a world – Aberos – to convert followers and gain power. Your goal is to become the Overgod, the highest position among the many gods of Aberos. Develop your divine magic, support your followers in fast-paced 6 vs. 6 battles, adventure through locations, and compete with other deities in your quest to reach the top!
As a young god in the world of Aberos, Deity Quest™ challenges you to collect 128 unique follower types, then use them in fast-paced 6-on-6 battles to conquer the world and become the Overgod. Develop your divine magic, explore vast locations, and compete with other deities in your quest to the top!
Deity Quest is also inspired by dungeon crawler games – you’ll traverse through randomly generated areas and dungeons while managing limited mana and items to get you and your followers to the end. You’re only allowed 6 active followers and 6 backup followers per area, and if they all die, you’re thrown out of the dungeon. Likewise, running out of mana can be a big problem, as without mana, you cannot support followers or convert new followers, and followers that draw mana from your mana pool will not be able to use skills.
- Convert Followers – Discover 128 unique follower types throughout the land of Aberos, each with their own strengths, weaknesses and skills.
- Develop as a Deity – Gain powerful magic unique to your alignment to support your followers and smite your enemies.
- Explore Aberos – Travel through locations and quests, finding items and secrets, solving puzzles, gaining experience and discovering new followers.
- Fight 6 vs. 6 Battles – Use strategy to manage and support your followers as they fight, and get the most out of their individual skills.
- Become the Overgod – Race your rival, battle other deities and solve a murder mystery as you strive to become the Overgod of Aberos!
An early version of Deity Quest™ became available in 2014; the Steam version features online follower trading, online battles and LAN play, as well as many updated features and Steam Trading Cards.
Critics loved Deity Quest in 2014:
“With its clever gameplay, intriguing storyline, and nostalgic visuals Deity Quest™ is one of those games that immediately commands your attention.”
– Craig Forshey, Super Game Droid
“So, if you do like the Pokemon RPGs then you’re probably going to like Deity Quest™ as well.”
– Chris Priestman, Pocket Gamer
“We’re excited to introduce this beefed-up, latest and greatest version of Deity Quest™ to Steam players” says Fancy Fish Games Founder David Maletz. He adds, “While we wade through the deep, dark depths of wrapping up development on I Can’t Escape: Darkness™, it’s nice to have the light-hearted distraction of Deity Quest™ available on so many platforms for so many of our fans.
Deity Quest has been in development since June 2013, and the final features were added to the game Feb 28, 2014, and we have begun playtesting, debugging and polishing the game, with the intent to release the full game for sale on May 1, 2014. We plan to release the main game for $10, and an extended edition with additional features, locations and multiplayer support for $15.”
For more information and details, check out the Steam page for Deity Quest ™.