Developer Bigosaur is happy to announce that the free Demon Hunter expansion for Son of a Witch. The free expansion is out on Steam featuring a new Lich hero, Hell level, weapons, magic items, pets and more.
Son of a Witch is an action roguelike for 1-4 players. While having a focus on weapon and item combos similar to The Binding of Isaac. With optional permadeath, various difficulty levels and certainly cute art. It’s perfect to co-op with a friend. The game has been featured by IndieCade, and various European festivals like IndiePrize and GameAccess. Above all, the Demon Hunter expansion is the biggest update to the game since it’s release.
Demon Hunter trailer for Son of a Witch
While the mega update is a free upgrade to the base Son of a Witch game. The Demon Hunter expansion update is free for existing players. But the game price is due to go up mid-March. So grab it while it’s hot.
- A new class: Lich, who brings the total number of available heroes to 11
- The Hell level with 7 new enemy types and 4 new bosses
- 7 new special challenge rooms
- 7 new weapons. Including the Blade of Light which also similar to a lightsaber
- 18 new magic items with various new gameplay mechanics
- 3 new random potion effects
- 3 new new magic spells
- 5 new pets. Above all each helping the heroes in a different way
- 27 new achievements
- Endless Arena leaderboard
- various minor improvements and bug fixes
This Demon Hunter expansion is also the biggest update to Son of a Witch so far. Since it contains a new hero, level, enemies, bosses, weapons, items, pets, quests and challenges. As well as potions, magic scrolls, and achievements. Here’s the full list of new features, changes to existing features and bug fixes on Steam.
Son of a Witch action roguelike is available on Steam. Priced at $14.99 USD in Linux gaming, Mac and Windows PC.