#DemonPeak is a 2D action-platformer for Linux, Mac and #Windows. Since the #games elements hail from old school metroidvania’s better combat mechanics. While the public alpha on Itch.io helps shape the features. With only one area to explore including two Power-ups, two enemies and a boss. So now on full release, Kajak Games include several more enemies and power-ups. Along with items to find, a more polished combat and a great mountain to explore.
So players will explore a mountain where only chosen few enter. Yet even fewer return from. Hone your combat skills, gain new powers, slay anything that stands in your way. All to uncover the mysteries of the Demon Peak.
Since the gameplay reflects of more a Dark Souls type vibe. While keeping to the metroidvania style of platformer. The games still looks quite interesting, giving off kind of a Sundered vibe. Yet with a steeper learning curve and solid time-based attacks. Check out the trailer below. This will give a better idea of what you can expect.
Demon Peak Features
- In-depth combat mechanics
- Handful of areas to explore and fight through
- Many bosses to find and conquer
- No mercy given, no mercy expected.
- Old-School Pixel Art
So Demon Peak is created by a group of gamedev students as a year-long project. Demon Peak also features hand-painted pixel art, dozens of abilities and enemies. While including over a hundred rooms. Along with a full 30-minute Soundtrack by Donovan Kirk.
So release is not an over-priced game by any means. Therefore remember to give some constructive feedback. So hopefully Kajak Games can keep adding to the games gameplay experience.
Demon Peak is currently available on Steam with a 20% discount until July 14th. Having a full release for Linux, Mac and Windows.
- OS: Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS 64bit
- Processor: Intel Pentium E2180 2.0 GHz
- Memory: 2048 MB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400 (OpenGL 3.0+ or 2.1 with ARB extensions)
- Storage: 512 MB available space
- Sound Card: OpenAL compatible Sound Card
- Additional Notes: Dual Shock 4 or XInput controller recommended.