Demon Skin 2D hack and slash dev working on support in Linux gaming with Windows PC. Thanks to the efforts of developer Ludus future. Which is currently available on Steam with 90% Positive reviews.
The brutal 2D hack and slash adventure Demon Skin. There is also a bonus addition, due to be available part way through the main adventure. This will hurtle players into the past to explore events before the game’s tragic opening scenes. Battle scarred players who are already enjoying Demon Skin. The will certainly have free access to the new prequel chapter at the end of June.
Those open scene are what’s holding support back in Linux gaming. According to the email from Ludus future, who have not managed to create a Linux port yet.
Video file conflict, training is in progress.
This is on follow up to an email at the end of March 2021 stating:
The game is based on the Unreal Engine 4.25
As for the Linux version, we don’t plan to release it yet.
So the use of Unreal Engine 4 is positive news. The Discussions reply also states the same detail for Demon Skin. Never the less, the follow up gets more interesting. Stating, “the technical support of the engine (UE4) is not yet responding to us.” Meaning that support in Linux gaming is in progress, based on Epic’s support staff.
Ahead of the new chapter, Windows PC players can already enjoy a host of improvements. These are not part of Demon Skin based on player feedback. Patch 1.0007 is live and introduces various fixes and updates. While adding save points, remapped gamepad controls, and extra combat animations across multiple weapons. There are also dialogue skip options, an all important character death counter and much more. The full list of improvements is available here.
Demon Skin is a hard hitting dark fantasy brawler. This also includes tactical stance based combat and perilous platforming elements. Gameplay plunges players into an epic struggle against ever increasing odds. Smash and crash your way through deadly realms and rip weapons from the cold, dead claws of slain demons in a relentless. While the battle strewn adventure brims with devious traps and hulking bosses. Level up your warrior, hunt down secret artifacts and master the art of juggling weapons. Randomly hurling one into a crowd to split enemy skulls, of course.
The demons won’t know what hit them…
- Sophisticated combat system. Improve your skills by mastering various stances for lightning fast parrying. While inflicting maximum damage with spectacular finishing moves in Demon Skin. Keep an eye on the level of stamina and other indicators of the character’s physical condition. Since all of these features directly affect the outcome of the battle.
- An extensive skill tree. Gain experience to learn new combos and enhance health, stamina, and attack power.
- Dozens of enemy types. From skeletons, zombies, and spiders to werewolves, lizards, and golems. Also fighting each of them requires a different approach.
- Huge arsenal for killing monsters. There are more than 30 types of edged and blunt weapons at your disposal. Each type is only effective against a certain type of enemies. You can even destroy enemies with your bare hands. Although it’s not as effective but still a lot of fun.
- Secrets and artifacts. Some rare and ancient artifact weapons are hidden in the secret places of the Demon Skin world. So if you find it, unlock the impressive super skills after achieving a certain level.
- A demon on the outside, a demon within. Collect shards of Crystal and become even stronger. While you build up your bone armour and turn into a fearsome demon.
- Gloomy landscapes in the spirit of dark fantasy: from the icy wastelands and deep dungeons to the twilight forests and abodes of the undead. This cruel world lives a life of its own, but terrifying creatures that inhabit it are not always hostile. On your way, you will not only meet
Demon Skin 2D hack and slash is available now on Windows PC via Steam. Support is in the works for Linux gaming, but that all depends on the success Epic support. Since Ludus future want to deliver the best player experience possible.