A monster catching video game where humans and Deozoa fight side by side on the battlefield. For iOS, Android, PC, Mac, Linux, & Ouya.
Deozoa is a monster catching video game combining the rich storytelling of an RPG with the combat system of a turn based strategy. As you explore through the world you will discover and capture over 100 monsters called Deozoa. Unlike other monster games, your 11 playable human characters battle side by side with their Deozoa to fight their way to victory.
Our number one priority is to build an exciting, high quality RPG that is unique and fresh. Our game will boast:
- One time game purchase for all monsters, characters, and story. No in-app purchases, no monthly fees. Just buy the game and have it forever. The game will be developed for iOS (iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch) and Android (phone and tablet), with an eventual release to PC, Mac, Linux, and Ouya.
- Capture and befriend over 100 monsters: Each teammate can be assigned one Deozoa to fight with them on the battlefield.
- Evolve your Deozoa: Like animals that grow from baby to adult, all of our Deozoa will grow into a new form as they mature. There are typically two to three monsters per family.
- Recruit 10 characters to your team: As you progress through the story, you will encounter 10 available warriors looking for an adventure. Determine the best combination of abilities to give yourself an edge on the battlefield.
- Level up and upgrade human classes: There are 10 classes of human warriors to battle, each with their own unique stats and strengths. As enemies get tougher and the heroes get stronger, every class can develop into an advanced form for stat boosts.
- Use the elements to your advantage: There are 12 elements that all Deozoa and attacks fall into. Every element will have strengths and weaknesses against other elements, making each battle unique and challenging.
- Fight in a free-form battling system: Position 6 teammates with an open movement system unrestrained by a grid. The size of a unit can block enemies’ movement to redirect their attacks, protect weaker units, and form a front line.
- Rich RPG storyline: Unlike casual games, you will explore through a fun RPG story with an expected eight hours of gameplay in a single play through.
We have done a lot of work but we still have a long way to go. We have already designed over 50 monsters, developed the story, characters, and style of the world, but there is still a lot to do. We need to hire artists to help draw all the human characters, monsters, and backgrounds. We also have to develop the world’s environment for battling, as well as animate over 100 monsters and 25 human characters.
If we make more than our goal, our first goal would be to make and animate more Deozoa. We would also love to include more side quests, art for upgraded human classes, high quality animated cutscenes to enrich the story, and original music composed by local Austin musicians.
Kickstarter is an all or nothing effort. We need to hit our goal of $78,000 to make this dream a reality. But with your help (and awesome rewards!), we believe that we can reach it.