Digital Tribe and Dirigo Games have announced “Depths of Fear :: Knossos” for eventual #release on Mac, Linux and PC, via Steam, the game #developers confirmed in a press release today.
- An ever changing Labyrinth: Each stage in Depths of Fear is crafted to never be the same twice creating a constant state of tension of the unknown.
- Face the Beasts of Ancient Greece: Survive encounters against 8 immortal legendary creatures: Saytr, Cerberus, Centaur, Manticore, Griffin, Medusa, Hydra and the horror of the Minotaur.
- Diverse Gameplay: To survive one must learn when to sneak through the shadows, when to run and when to engage in combat as they attempt to survive each rung down into in the darkness.
- Knowledge is Power: Appease the gods by finding their books and earning their favor for special powers such as lightening from Zeus, Speed from Hermes, Earth shaking might from Poseidon or the illuminating light of Apollo.
- Build an Arsenal: Loot the labyrinths for gold to purchase 8 trusty weapons that range from Blades and Clubs to the Trident and Crossbow. Use these weapons to secure the 8 creature medallions that unlock the only weapon known that can slay the legendary beast Minotaur.
- Challenge the Unknown: When the adventure ends, the game has just begun. Beneath the skull a never-ending challenge awaits in the entrance of the unknown that provides countless replay value. How far down can you make it?
- Unique & Adaptive soundtrack: Featuring a tension-based music system, the soundtrack (recorded with mind-altering 70’s era synthesizers) adapts to your situation.
- Steam Feature Support: Achievements, Controller and Steam Trading Cards will be supported at launch. Full list to be announced later.
“Depths of Fear: Knossos” places you in the role of the hero Theseus while he hunts the infamous Minotaur downward through the dark crypts, temples, palaces and caves of Crete, fighting mythical creatures along the way the likes of Saytr, Cerberus, Centaur, Manticore, Griffin, Medusa and Hydra.
Although no firm release date was announced, it is known that the first-person action game will feature a tension-based soundtrack that draws its inspiration from the film work of John Carpenter. Add in randomly-generated dungeons, eight different weapons and what Willey calls an almost endless replay value and “Depths of Fear :: Knossos” appears to be a unique RPG with plenty to see and do.
“It was a risk leaving a steady job and going it alone with Dirigo. It’s been a long, sometimes sleepless challenge, but still, as I sit down to work on Depths of Fear, I am filled with excitement. I love to create worlds, and the music to fill them. Digital Tribe has given me the advice and support to make it all come together,” Indie developer Philip Willey said in today’s press release.
Will you check out the game when it is released?