Derelict Void is a brand new space survival coming March 18th in Linux gaming, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to independent development studio Stirling Games. Due to make a debut on Steam next month.
Derelict Void is a galactic roguelike city builder. While the gameplay involves scavenging for resources and base management. You command a ship and crew searching for resources you need to stay alive.
Inspired by Frostpunk, Derelict Void was originally funded on Kickstarter back in November. Thanks to the support of 148 backers after reaching 112% of its original goal. As a result, the game supports content modding through an editor website. Which also has a more open source aspect to modding for the singleplayer gameplay.
Derelict Void Official Kickstarter Trailer
- Explore and navigate through stranded ships and treacherous debris. While discovering the secrets of the void.
- Take Risks and make the right choices to survive.
- Manage resources to your ship’s survival. So you can balance it all to keep the ship going for another day.
- Create your own stories in the world of Derelict Void. You can also share your mods with friends through our content delivery servers.
- Open content creation tool where everyone can contribute to the story and world of the game.
What looks like what could be an accident. Since an entire star system’s worth of ships have abruptly been torn away from the universe they knew. Therefore, it’s up to you to salvage the remnants of civilization. Damaged and disoriented, can you and your crew scrape together enough of civilization to survive?
Navigate through stranded ships and treacherous debris so you can discover the secrets of the void. How did this happen? What else might lurk in the debris field from your civilization? And maybe the Derelict Void offers a way back?
- Take Risks
Help others stranded in the void. Or leave them behind to save yourselves. You can also make stops to scavenge for supplies. Maybe even dump the resources you have to gain speed. Choose wisely, or fall victim to the void.
Managing resources is critical to your ship’s survival. So be sure to salvage supplies to expand your ship. Then feed your crew and build up your life support systems. You’ll have to balance it all to keep the ship going for another day.
Derelict Void new space survival is due to release on March 18th via Steam. Playable in Linux gaming, Mac and Windows PC.