Mel Croucher #officially #announced Deus Ex Machina 2 is coming this month and pretty much every platform including mobile devices will see a #release. This was the same game up on Kickstarter recently getting funding for its completion which appears to be happening.
Here’s a rundown of the Deus Ex Machina 2 experience. Remember, this is no conventional game, it’s a full-length interactive movie for Linux, Mac and Windows PC, so here’s what you’ll enjoy …
- PRELUDE: make the choices that will affect your whole life, before you navigate your roller-coaster journey through existence. You may encounter, touch, enjoy and exploit all the good things in your life. Or you may avoid, reject, overcome and defeat all the bad things in your life. Or to hell with the rules … you may decide to do the opposite!
- FERTLIZER: outwit your rivals and their comedy tactics to fertilize that tempting egg and create life.
- BIRTH: navigate the pulsing slalem to the outside world and dodge the squid-cam spy probes of the Defect Police.
- INFANCY: learn to crawl, stand, balance, walk, run and jump your way through your childhood, as dark forces try to control your mind and condition your behaviour.
- SCHOOL: run your own race and resist all the propaganda to obey, as the teacher from hell force-feeds you the rules of the institution.
- ADOLESCENCE: battle those sprouting hairs and erupting zits, and navigate a hormone-fuelled pathway of teen-dreams.
- LOVE: accept those tempting lips and get jiggy aboard that yellow submarine. You know you want to.
- BETRAYAL: reject the spotlight of publicity and manipulate your privacy shell through the catwalk, because the war-mongers have plans for you.
- SOLDIER: this is no place for heros. Run, dodge and flee the urban battlefield to survive.
- CRIPPLE: your body lies shattered in a nightmare hospital, but your mind is free to navigate and heal.
- WAR CRIMES: face your trial and evade entrapment in the courtroom of your worst nightmare.
- DANCE: send in the clones and have a ball, as you party the night away in the ultimate club scene.
- GUILT: your pathway is through the heart of the global trading world, where every investment you make will affect the lives of millions.
- POWER: the lonliest road of all to navigate, with a supercity under your control. But is there anyone left to command?
- DECLINE: now you battle the enemy within, through your own veins and arteries, hunted by white killer cells as you try and bust the blood clots of a massive heart attack.
- DANGER: a race against time, with your brain under attack and its neural pathways acting like a rogue pinball machine.
- OLD AGE: your geriatric home looks like a comedy clockwork hallucination, and every time you pop a pill or swap your eyeware your world mutates into something even weirder.
- SENILITY: your pathway is through a dreamscape of false memories and real events from your incredibly long life. Can you even walk without help?
- WONDER: but hey … that futuristic buggy provides a mean ride towards the ultimate portal.
- DEATH: well, what did you expect … multiple endings?! We all come to it, and it’s nearly game over.
- TRANSFIGURATION: except for one final surprise, involving a wheelchair, some wings, an entire morphing planet and a free ride home.
- THANKS: actually, two final surprises if you happen to spot your own face in there!
Imagine if your life was nothing more than an electronic game. Imagine if you knew then what you know now. Imagine if you could replay your little life all over again.
Welcome to DEUS EX MACHINA 2.
Built on the Unity game engine and it will probably be as weird, if not moreso, than the original game was. Essentially this titles takes you on a surreal journey from before your own birth, all the way through the temptations and dangers of your life, and beyond your own death. The visuals will be as weird and cool as the original game but with more definition to them considering they are being made with Unity.
The game will launch February 21st, 2015 globally for Linux, Mac, Android, iOS, Windows PC, Oculus Rift, XBox, Playstation, Wii Plus. According to sources, the title launch for $6.99, distributed on Amazon, Amazon Prime TV, iTunes, Steam. We’re guessing Google Play will follow at some point.