So the Steam reviews for the Dharma Expansion are coming with a 65% Mixed. Since I have not personally played the new content. It’s somewhat pricey at $19.99 USD. Bringing with it a lot more to explore and do. Something people are pleased with in the reviews. While the price itself seems to have reviewers up in arms. Unless you’re a fan of Europa Universalis IV.
In 1488, the Portuguese explorer Bartolomeu Dias rounded the Cape of Good Hope. Also discovering a sea route to India and opening up the Indian Ocean for European trade. Over the succeeding centuries, merchants and adventurers would follow this route to lands rich in spice and silk.
With diamonds as big as your fist. All decorating the thrones of dozens of princes ruling over millions subjects. The foreign traders would make themselves masters of this land. Will you?
Paradox Development Studio is happy to announce the release of Europa Universalis IV: Dharm. Since this is the latest expansion to its celebrated grand strategy game of exploration and high politics in the early modern era. Dharma brings a host of new systems and game options to EU4, with a focus on the Indian subcontinent.
Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Expansion Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Europa Universalis IV: Dharma features include:
- Reworked Policy System: Policies get a new look in the free update, but Dharma will include special bonuses that make this system even more attractive.
- Trade Company Investments: Upgrade and improve the provinces tied to your trade companies, conferring bonuses both to the European master and neighboring Indian nations.
- New Indian Mission Trees: Unique mission paths for the most important Indian sultanates and kingdoms.
- New Indian Estates: Alongside a free update to the estate system, India gets five new castes. Raise the brahmins to reduce unrest in a province or install Jain governors for a boost to income while reducing manpower..
- New Mughal Culture Bonus: The Mughal Empire can assimilate and accommodate newly conquered cultures with ease.
- Charter Companies: Europeans can buy a foothold into trade charter zones in Africa and Asia, if they can find a prince that trusts them.
- Upgraded Trade Centers: Invest in the development of your Centers of Trade
- And more, including: new ways to suppress rebellion, the monsoon season, new uses for colonists in non-colonial development, scornful insults, multiplayer teams, new art, and a host of new achievements.
Available Stores and Price:
Europa Universalis IV: Dharma and the new Content Pack is also available on Linux, Mac and Windows. Releasing on Steam, Humble Store and Paradox Plaza. While adding new Indian army models including war elephants, dozens of new advisory portraits and over ten minutes of new original music.
Dharma’s release coincides with the Mughals update. The free for all Europa Universalis IV players. This update includes a more detailed map of the Indian region. Also renewed Estate system and a new approach to Policies.