Some rather significant gaming news, the underwater action RPG Diluvion hits Linux. Developer Arachnid Games have been following up on the Linux thread via Steam. While this is not quite a full Linux release. There is a Beta branch accessible to all who are able to play-test the game.
“The Linux build should be up and accessible on the beta now, let us know if there are still issues!
Sound will be added next week. so we suggest waiting until then to actually play the game.
We’ll set up Linux as a dual-boot on one of our systems soon in order to test it ourselves. but if someone can try running the game and giving us the thumbs up that everything’s working that’d be mucho appreciated.”
Since being forced into the deep oceans by a Great Flood from centuries ago. Humanity now survives under a thick layer of unbreakable ice. While their survival hangs by a tenuous thread. But seeing that they are strong, a new civilization is evolving with distinct kingdoms, religions and cultures.
So explore the dangers of the depths in this amazing flooded world of Diluvion. Then unearth untold riches and glory. Discovering the remnants of civilization in numerous unique towns. All while learning their local lore, trade news and treasure. Hiring new new members in the process. Improving each of the 9 unique submarines using the deep upgrade system. Gaining access to new areas and loot. Complete with different types of cannons and torpedoes to overcome dangers. Assembling your own unique crew to brave it alongside you. Whether you wish to play as a silent hunter or a guns blazing dreadnought. Arrange your crew members and weapons to fit your playstyle.
- A Beautiful Underwater World to Explore: Three massive and beautifully realized open sea zones to explore. Each with their own factions, local stories and more
- Innovative Combination of 2D & 3D Graphics: Experience the mysteries of the deep in beautifully rendered 3D graphics as you navigate your submarine. Seamlessly switch to meticulously hand-painted 2D graphics when exploring towns and cities
- Thrilling Real-Time Submarine Combat: Utilize an arsenal of underwater weapons. Engage in life-or-death firefights with other submarines and deadly creatures
- Crew Recruitment: Assemble your own unique crew to fight alongside you. Recruiting different Helmsmen, Gunners and Sonar Technicians. Utilize each of their special skills. Different personalities to change the flow of combat and exploration.
- Upgradable Submarines: Continuously improve your vessel. Add new weapons that can dramatically change the tide of battle. Then gain access to new areas by increasing its dive depth. While collecting hull armour plates.
- 9 Pilotable Submarines: Explore the world to uncover 9 unique pilotable submarines while gaming. Each with their own feel, strengths and weaknesses
- Resource Management: This world is not for the faint of heart. As resources are limiting and survival is a constant battle. You’ll have to actively manage your food supplies and oxygen levels. So keep your crew alive and overcome the perils of the sea
- Upgradeable Home Base: Build and grow your own base of operations under the sea. Housing all your stand-by crew members and submarines. Upgrade your base to increase your notoriety and wealth. Since upgraded bases can also house valuable opportunities. Such as rare item merchants and bars with notorious sailors as patrons.
- Loot System: The world is full of rare loot and quests to discover. Especially for those who dare to venture off the beaten path
- Terrifying Underwater Foes: Explore the world and test your bravery against giant sea creatures. Plus mysteries undersea anomalies!
So another bit of news, Diluvion is available now on Steam with a 25% discount until May 1st. Eager players can get into Linux gaming by joining the Beta branch.