Dimension Drive is a comic book-styled shoot’em up coming to Linux, Mac and Windows PC. While #gameplay #features a unique teleportation mechanic across a #dualbattlefield. So two games can be play at the same time in this smart shooter. The Ashajuls, a cruel multidimensional alien race, are attacking our universe. Therefore players fight as Jackelyne Tywood (a.k.a. Jack) in The Manticore, a legendary ship capable of teleporting across space and dimensions. So uncover the mysteries of your past and the origin of the Dimension Drives. All with your trusty friend and A.I., “V.E.R.A.”, at your side.
“Since the success of our Kickstarter, the community enabled us to develop Dimension Drive with them to create a game that is truly unique. This time has been incredible and has really helped the development of the Dimension Drive. Now, we are at a stage were Dimension Drive is a solid experience and we want to open it to a bigger community through Early Access so that together we can make the best shoot’em up ever (yes, we are a bit ambitious XD)!
One of the biggest difficulties of creating a great shoot’em up is balancing. Opening the game to a bigger audience and getting measurable feedback will enable us to perfect the level design and difficulty curve through iterative development.
Finally, Early Access players will be able to access The Multiverse. Every 2 weeks we will release an update of the Dimension Drive that will improve and polish the game and will also add one new level as a challenge to The Multiverse. Effectively, you will never run out of something new to play while we are in Early Access.”
The whole side by side co-op style gameplay is a serious retro flashback. A true arcade style shooter, complete with a chatty AI.
Kind of brings back those arcade moments of trying to beat the game. What more can you ask for?
Dimension Drive Features
- A New Type of Shoot’Em Up: Dimension Drive is a Dual-Battlefield vertical Shoot’Em Up with a focus on smart, quick teleporting.
- Rich Sci-fi Adventure: Unfold the secrets of the Dimension Drives and your past, teleport across the multiverse fighting the ultimate threat, and meet new races and allies!
- Clever mix of mechanics: A seamless combination of levels focusing on strategic shooting and real-time puzzles will make you question what you know about shoot’em ups.
- 2 games on your screen: Multitask and single-handedly fight 2 shoot’em ups side-by-side.
- 4 difficulty modes: Normal, Hard, Extreme and WTF! Offer different challenges for different play styles. Play with shields in Normal, or go to the old-school route with one hit kills in Hard and Extreme. If you are up for the challenge try WTF! and try your luck at beating the game with one single hit.
- Single player and local co-op: Play solo or enjoy our unique take on 2 player mode: total cooperative where both players share everything down to their lives, play as a team or die.
- The Multiverse: Finished the story mode? Don’t worry, we got you covered. One new level releases every 2 weeks for you to challenge your friends and claim the highest score. Become the best pilot in The Multiverse!
- Comicbook art style: Video game meets comic. Experience the story of Jack through the motion comics and awe at the colour rich in-game comic art style. Who said space was black?
- Energy management: The Manticore is powered by the Dimension Drive energy. Carefully strategize and decide when and where are the best places to teleport.
- Advanced scoring system: Obtain the best score in the leaderboards.
Dimension Drive is coming to Steam via Early Access on February 16th for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.