While created by two ex-space engineers. The design of the game they dreamed up while talking to aliens. So things like the spaceships, explosions, sci-fi and those arcade memories. Reflecting back on their childhood that never left them. Dimension Drive was born. Imagine it, another game for Linux, Mac and Windows. A shoot em up action game for singleplayer, split screen or co-op. So now, this dream will launch on December 7th, 2017 via Steam and Humble Store.
The games been in development for the last 3 years. Also having come away with a successful Kickstarter. Plus 8 months of polishing with bi-weekly updates on Early Access. So Dimension Drive is ready to bring a truly new experience to the shoot’em up genre in 2017.
Therefore Dimension Drive definitely delivers an ’80’s vibe. So things like blistering arcade cabinet gameplay. All reinvented for modern times. Pilots will shift between dual playing fields. All in a frantic fashion.
So Dimension Drive is a space shooter. One that challenges you in entirely new ways. Play two games at once on this dual battlefield madness set in a comic book universe.
Dimension Drive Launch Trailer:
Dimension Drive‘s art style: Video game meets comic. Experience the story of Jack through the motion comics. While being amazed at the colour rich in-game comic art style.
- 2 games on your screen: Multitask and single-handedly fight 2 shoot’em ups side-by-side.
- Unlock several weapons by finding secret data cubes.
- 4 difficulty modes: Normal, Hard, Extreme and Insane!
- Single player and local co-op: Enjoy total cooperative gameplay where both players share everything!
- Mirror Dimension: Finished the 13 levels of the campaign? Play the Mirror Dimension levels. 13 extra levels in this New Game+ mode.
So Dimension Drive is available now on Steam and Humble Store priced at $12.99 USD. The current release supports Linux, Mac and Windows. Yet I’m a bit surprised, neither site lists a discount this close to launch.
For more information, follow 2Awesome Studio on Twitter.