Travel back in time to a land full of #dinosaurs and NES nostalgia in Dinocide! Now available for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC; Dinocide #challenges players to navigate the harsh landscape of multiple biomes in hopes of rescuing your #partner from an evil dino-god.
In Dinocide, adventuring alone won’t cut it, but luckily, you have a variety of tame dinosaur friends that are willing to help. Take advantage of each reptilian friends’ diverse dinosaur traits to accomplish different tasks in this Adventure Island inspired retro platformer!
Set through a non-linear singleplayer campaign; Dinocide’s lets players chart their own path through large and diverse prehistoric landscapes in your own way. Face enemies from this time and other dimensions as you tackle all unknown possibilities on your perilous mission.
- Dinosaur mounts make you faster, stronger and offer a variety of tactical abilities.
- Non-linear progression by different routes leads to varied ways to complete your journey.
- A multitude of different biomes to visit – deserts, jungles, forests, lava caves, oceans, ice plains and more!
- Weird creatures. Ok, fine, we know about the dinosaurs. But millions of years ago there could be something else we have no idea about. SAS trooper skeletons, for example.
- Unique time/life mechanic. One bar shared for both the time limit on the level and life of your character.
- Full controller & Steam Big Picture support.
- Classic action. Don’t think. Don’t feel. Just go. React. Kill. Jump. Eat. Ride. Like in the good old times! You are not here to watch a movie!
- The unmatched fun and drive of an 8-bit era game!
Complemented by a time and hunger-health mechanic, enemies won’t be the only obstacles posing a threat to your extinction. Choose to take your time, and eat heartily through a level, or blast your way through the stages to avoid starvation. As you progress, you’ll meet new dinosaurs and find new weapons to equip yourself with for each stage. Choose your weapon and a dinosaur buddy to start each level in a different way. Oh… and it is harder than you think, that we have confirmed at Linux Game News.
Dinocide for Linux, Mac and Windows PC is available on Steam.