DiscStorm throws you into the #competitive world of disc combat for #Linux, Mac, Windows PC, with a motley crew and the trap-littered environments. All put together in a #fastpaced arena combat game DiscStorm coming August 20th.
Inspired by 90s console classics, DiscStorm evokes retro nostalgia with its upbeat chip-tune soundtrack and bold pixelart visuals. Successfully progress through the vibrant environments and you will not only earn achievements for your efforts, but also be rewarded with quirky new costumes for the cast of characters.
Sporting a challenge worthy of its retro inspirations, you will need to be on the top of your game if you want to uncover the secret to success. Play against merciless AI opponents, or against your even less hospitable friends in local four-person deathmatches.
- Fast-paced arena combat – Gameplay that’s easy to pick up, but truly difficult to master: dodge and deflect flying discs as they ricochet around the arena at lightning speed.
- Energetic local multiplayer – Invite friends over to battle. DiscStorm offers a variety of compelling game match types; fight it out in a classic first-to-ten deathmatch or strive to keep the crown in the hectic ‘Regicide’ mode.
- Epic boss fights – Each arena brings its own unique play-style and enemies. Whether it be the laser-shooting Stone Golem in the jungle temple or the lava-spewing Fire Elemental of the volcano lair, exciting new challenges await you at every turn.
- Striking retro art and music – the soundtrack fuses modern dance trends with retro chiptunes, whilst the artwork blends classic pixel art with high fidelity graphics.
The competitive world of disc combat and the motley crew of fashionable combatants utilize their speed and cunning to survive a singleplayer gauntlet of trap-littered environments, secret passages, and unmerciful bosses. As fast and challenging as its retro inspirations, you will need to bring your A-game, and then some, to defeat your friends in local four-person deathmatches or against AI opponents. Pick your challenge with seven modes, including Survival, TimeBomb, and the one-disc, one-hit brutality of DeathDisc.
- OS: Ubuntu 12.04 or higher
- Processor: 2.0 GHz Dual Core Processor
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce 8800 or equivalent.
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Hard Drive: 2 GB available space
DiscStorm launches August 20th for Linux, Mac and Windows PC on Steam. And for more details, follow XMPT Games on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.