So Disgaea 2 is coming to Linux and SteamOS. Hence the #popular #tactical #roleplaying game by Nippon Ichi Software. Since the beta access for testing closed on December 5th, the dev team is set to release on January 30th.
While we are very keen to see a title like Owlboy make a Linux debut. We are very interested to see the second entry in the Disgaea franchise on Steam. Joining the original, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, which was ported to Steam in February. So the Steam version of Disgaea 2 will be retitled to Disgaea 2 PC. While unlike the first game, Disgaea 2 PC will also be compatible with Mac and Steam Machines.
Due note, there have been two versions of Disgaea 2. The first, titled Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories, released back in 2006 for PlayStation 2 and a PSP version. Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days, which came out in 2009. Which features extra material like new characters, monsters and spells.
So the game will contain all content from both versions. While also including an updated user interface. Since this includes three characters which, until now, were exclusive to Japan.
Here’s the story:
Darkness is back. Overlord Zenon has cursed the land, and now, Veldime is transforming into a nasty Netherworld. Memories are sterilized, bodies demonized, the world is falling into chaos. The only one unaffected is a young man, Adell. He stands up to fight the curse, but things never go as planned. The haughty daughter of Zenon, a filthy little frog, lovable demon siblings and a washed-up rock star!? No one can ever predict what goes on in the world of Disgaea. And of course, other Overlords refuse to sit still watching…
Disgaea 2 Features:
- Choose from over 200 character classes for your squad!
- All-new Dark Court system where the good are punished and the evil praised.
- The Item World is back! Customize your items to make them even better.
- Utilize the new Stack Attack option, adding another layer of strategy.
- Enter the Dark World: a hardcore world setting where you can display massive amounts of damage!
- Play through Axel Mode and help Axel regain his popularity!
- Head over to the Land of Carnage, defeat high level enemies, and claim victory!
New to Disgaea 2 PC:
- Updated UI, keyboard and mouse support
- New keyboard shortcuts
- Playable on Macs & Steam Machines!
- Three playable characters that never made it to the West: Dark Eclair, Gig, and Miabel!
Add Disgaea 2 PC Wishlist on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.