Watch the Divinity Original Sin 2 Early Access launch trailer:
The #sequel to Larian Studios’ award-winning RPG, Divinity Original Sin 2 is an entirely new experience built upon the next-gen Divinity Engine with up to four-person multiplayer, cooperative and competitive questing, and new combat mechanics including advanced elemental interactions.
Define your own path with an extensive role-playing system inspired by the freedom and immense replay value of tabletop gaming. Create your own character from scratch, or choose one of the specially-crafted Origin Stories with unique quest-lines penned collaboratively by Larian Studios’ writers and Chris Avellone.
Divinity Original Sin 2 on Steam Early Access includes:
- Choose your origin story. Choose one of the unique origin stories that will define your character’s background and your personal quests. For the first time in a Divinity game, play as a Human, Lizard, Elf, Dwarf, or Undead, each with unique racial skills. Watch the world and its inhabitants react to who you are and what you’ve done, unlocking new dialog options and quest lines. Or create your own story by building your character from the ground up.
- More freedom than ever. Go anywhere, talk to anyone, interact with everything and be anyone you want. You can kill any NPC in the game, destroy objects, and use the game’s vast RPG systems to your advantage. Talk to animals and spirits to gain valuable information. Explore the huge , open world to find hours of hidden content, including entire new areas.
- New elemental interactions make turn-based combat even better. Combine elements like fire and poison for explosive combos. Bless and Curse surfaces to completely change their properties. Craft new skills and use elevation to your advantage.
- A darker and deeper story. Divinity Original Sin 2 features a darker and more grounded narrative than its award-winning predecessor, while building on Larian’s distinctive tone of voice. This is a godforsaken world. The Void approaches. And desperate times call for desperate measures…
- Play with up to 4 players: No other RPG offers 4-player co-op like Divinity Original Sin 2 does. Your Origin Stories will give you different, often conflicting objectives. Will you cooperate or compete? It’s entirely up to you.
- Test your skills in the new PvP Arena Mode. Challenge your friends in fast, satisfying turn-based combat sessions. Take the battle to the multiplayer-tailored Arenas, packed with explosives, loot, and deadly traps.
- New technology. Powered by Divinity Engine 3.0, the game features physics-based rendering, cloth physics, and a new dynamic music system. It makes Divinity: Original Sin 2 the most atmospheric Divinity game ever.
- Act 1 of the campaign, with approximately 8-12 hours of gameplay.
- Eight schools of skills and spells.
- Additional features and content to be announced throughout development.
we're focusing on development for PC for now. We'll make decisions on other platforms later. 🙂
— Larian Studios hasn't left character creation yet (@larianstudios) September 15, 2016
Divinity Original Sin 2 is available now on Steam Early Access for $44.99 (USD), and will also be coming soon to the GOG.com Games in Development program. While it appears Linux and Mac will be coming later. UGH!!